Star Wars Battlefront
The 74-Z is capable of traveling at very high speeds and requires fast reflexes to properly handle. Speeder Bikes are equipped with a single, front-mounted blaster cannon. The Speeder Bike also has a speed boost ability which doubles the speeder’s speed. Driving over infantry instantly kills them.
The 74-Z has a very murky brown color, that can make it hard to see when it is parked on the heavily forested planet of Endor.
The Speeder Bike and the Cloud Car are the only two ground vehicles that both factions can use, and are limited to one planet.
This vehicle is the primary vehicle in one of the training Missions. Completing the mission without taking any damage will unlock the "No Safety for a Joyride!" achievement/trophy.
- As of the January 2017 Patch, it is no longer possible to run over enemy heroes using a speeder bike. Players who collide with an enemy hero will simply bounce off, and it is recommended to simply use the blaster cannon to dish out large amounts of damage instead. It IS still possible to instantly kill enemy heroes with the legs of an AT-ST, however.
- Also, before the January 2017 Patch, it was possible to activate the speed boost ability, dismount, and let the speeder bike to go on, instantly killing anybody in it's path, friend or foe. You had to use the speed boost ability, because if you didn't, as soon as you dismount the speeder bike, it will stop moving instantly. As noted before, this 'method' of cheap/team-killing is now, from testing in multiplayer, impossible.
- It is possible to put a Laser Trip Mine on the bike in such a way that it stays on, even while the vehicle is moving. As expected, when an enemy crosses the blue line, it will explode. This is dangerous as if an enemy is far away, but still triggers the mine, then the driver will be killed by the explosion.
Star Wars Battlefront II
- "The 74-Z Speeder bike was a mainstay of Imperial forces during the Galactic Civil War. All speeder bikes are capable of high-speed travel and require skill and fast reflexes."
- — In-game description
It can still be used to run over enemies troops, and running into an enemy Hero/Villain will deal a high amount of damage to them. It is also less likely to explode when crashing into the environment.
- Like most speeders (except the T-47 Airspeeder), hitting any solid object affects its health. To avoid crash damage, look at your surroundings and find a pathway that isn't very bumpy.
Health and Movement
|Health Statistics for Speeder Bike|
|Health Regen Rate||60 health/sec|
|Regen Delay||6 sec|
|74-Z Speeder Bike|
|Damage||60 (Explosion: 60)|
|Rate of Fire||200 RPM|
|Damage per Second||400 DPS|
|Range||No damage drop-off|
Blast Radius: 5 meters
Inner Blast Radius: 1 meter
|Overheat||10 shots (0.11 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||0.5 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown Delay||0.5 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown||0.2 heat per second|
|In-game Description||The MOTION SCAN detects and highlights enemy soldiers while active.|
|Effect||Reveals enemies to the Speeder Bike and allies|
|Ability Duration||3 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||18 seconds
|In-game Description||Charges up a rapid fire barrage which deals high damage.|
|Effect||Increased rate of fire burst with increased damage and decreased explosive damage
|Ability Duration||1.2 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||25 seconds|
|In-game Description||The primary weapon cannot overheat for a short period of time.|
|Effect||Prevents main weapon from building heat|
|Ability Duration||8 seconds
|Ability Cooldown||20 seconds|
|The Galactic Empire|
|The Rebel Alliance and New Republic|