- "The AAT serves as the Separatists' front line assault vehicle. Designed to wipe out enemy troops, the AAT boasts a powerful laser cannon capable of punching through enemy ranks."
- — In-game description
The AAT, or Armored Assault Tank, is a ground Reinforcement vehicle in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. The AAT is the main tank for the Separatists and can be played in Galactic Assault and Supremacy.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- "The AAT isn't a subtle instrument. Its powerful weapons wreak havoc on anyone foolish enough to stand in its way."
- — Website descriptionThe AAT is a relatively slow moving vehicle, but has high health and high damage to compensate. However, the AAT should not leave its rear exposed, as the rear is more susceptible to damage. The Siege Mode ability locks the AAT down in place, which allows the use of its heavy laser cannon to deal high damage to infantry and vehicles even at longer ranges. When engaging enemies at a closer range, the High Explosive Shells can be used to devastate targets caught in its blast radius, although the range of the shells are limited. The AAT is also effective at taking out air support with its Linked Fire, especially slow moving LAAT Gunships.
Health and Movement[edit | edit source]
|Health Statistics for AAT|
|Health Regen Rate||80 health/sec|
|Regen Delay||10 sec|
Weapon[edit | edit source]
|Damage||60 (Explosion: 80)|
|Rate of Fire||180 RPM|
|Range||No damage drop-off|
(Blast Radius: 2 meters
Inner Blast Radius: 0.75 meters)
|Overheat||17 shots (0.06 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||2.5 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown Delay||0.8 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown||0.6 heat per second|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|In-game Description||Fires both primary lasers simultaneously for a limited time|
|Effect||Doubles damage output|
|Ability Duration||9 seconds
|Ability Cooldown||6 seconds|
|In-game Description||Activates the heavy laser cannon at the price of mobility|
|Damage||120 (Explosion: 200)
|Effect||Prevents AAT from moving; activates central cannon|
|Area of Effect||Blast Radius: 3.5 meters|
Inner Blast Radius: 1.5 meters
|Ability Cooldown||10 seconds|
|In-game Description||Activates launch tubes to fire six energy shells|
|Damage||20 (Explosion: 150)|
|Area of Effect||(Blast Radius: 3 meters|
Inner Blast Radius: 1 meters)
|Ability Cooldown||10 seconds
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Siege Cannon doesn't work[edit | edit source]
In the PC version only, there's a bug that makes the Siege Cannon ability not work properly. You activate it and seemingly nothing happens. You can't fire with the main gun at all. The reason for this glitch is tied to the specific Key on your Keyboard that was chosen to activate the ability. Whenever the key '2' is mapped to the Siege Cannon ability, it won't ever work. Instead, map it to the default button and the bug is gone. You may try other keys too, but be sure to test them as there may be more keys that cause this issue.
AAT fires Turret and Siege Cannon in Instant Action[edit | edit source]
In all version, there's another bug that makes the AAT fires both two turrets and the siege cannon, making it more hard to attack. This gives the AAT advantage, even against the opposing TX-130.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the movies, the AAT is piloted by four Battle Droids. A Commander Battle Droid, a Pilot Battle Droid and two Battle Droids gunners and is able to carry six additional Battle Droids onto the battlefield, while in the game it could only be piloted by a single Battle Droid.
- The AAT has different paint jobs depending on the game mode that it is in. In Galactic Assault, they will sport the Trade Federation paint job as seen in The Phantom Menace. While in Capital Supremacy, it will sport the color scheme and logo of the Separatists as seen in The Clone Wars.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Land: STAP · AAT · MTT Capital ships: Providence-class Dreadnought · Lucrehulk Battleship