- "What are those... AAHHH!"
- — A Clone Trooper shortly before getting killed by an Acklay
Acklay are creatures from Vendaxa and are found on Felucia in Star Wars: Battlefront II. In Star Wars: Battlefront II's campaign, there is a mission on Felucia that includes Acklay; six Acklay must be destroyed as a timed objective before moving on. The average height of an Acklay is 3.05 meters. An Acklay can kill players with only one or two stabs of its pincers, so once they knock them down, they're dead.
Strategies in defeating an AcklayEdit
- Acklay can be defeated very easily as long as distance is kept. While most weapons can kill an acklay, rockets and mines are most effective.
- Rockets are very effective when killing Acklay, as only one to three rockets are needed to take out an Acklay single-handedly.
- Avoid the head as this does little damage and instead aim for the neck which is the most vulnerable spot. Shotguns are the most beneficial for this, but also the riskiest as the player will need to be very close to achieve maximum damage, and death can quite often result.
- As Aayla Secura, a player's best bet is to use Saber Throw or to simply move around them, as attempting to attack them with their lightsabers can be a one-way ticket to death.
- In a mod on Star Wars Battlefront FileFront, called conversion pack, players can play as an Acklay.
- A discrepancy is that an Acklay appears in two loading screens for the Felucia Conquest, but there are none in the Conquest mode.
- After killing the six required Acklay, there are still about several more roaming around the marshland. They are optional to kill, but they can take a lot of time to do.
- The Acklay won't attack CIS Units, however, they are seen attempting to attack the Particle Cannon Turrets which are the player's objective to destroy.
- One Acklay will usually become stuck under one of the pillars during the final objective near the Particle Cannon Turrets at the right end side of the map, due to its towering height, it will be unable to walk out from under the pillar, but it can still attack if you get too close, so be careful.
- The Acklay are actually found in the geo.lvl.
- Although the Acklay's attack is called "claw", they have their own lightsaber file. This just has a different name in game and is used to one hit kill.
- Back to Factions
| NPC Factions and Units |
|NPC Factions||Anti-Troopers · Jedi Order · Temple Security Force · Royal Naboo Security Force · Wookiees · Gungans · Ewoks · Tusken Raiders|
|NPC Units||Acklay · Wampa · Gammorean · Jawa · Rancor · Geonosian · Sarlacc|
|NPC Heroes||Queen Apailana · Gizor Dellso · Jabba the Hutt · Jedi Hero|