Artificial Intelligence, or AI, in the context of video games, is the programming that establishes the guidelines for how non-human players act. Less conventional terms that are commonly used to refer to AI-controlled players are "bot" or "computer." In addition, a more accurate term is NPC (non-player/playable character), although NPC often refers to a faction of AI bots.
AI characters were given different names in the game depending on the faction. Some unplayable factions exist, such as the Jedi Temple Security Force in Pandemic Studios' series of Battlefront games.
Star Wars Battlefront II Edit
Auto Players are the AI in Supremacy, Instant Action and Co-Op. They run on the game servers and was built from the ground-up. In Co-Op and Instant Action, Auto Players are machine-learning and are able to use special units, including reinforcements, heroes, and vehicles.
- Galactic Republic:
- Original: Unit (Number)
- DICE: RO - (random letters)
- Galactic Empire: (Two letter) - (number)
- Rebel Alliance/Resistance: Various assortment/combination of first and last names
- First Order: FN - (4-digit number)
- ↑ [ ] on the official Star Wars Battlefront II website