- "A brave and resourceful astromech droid, BB-8 accompanied Poe Dameron on many dangerous missions for the Resistance. Despite his modest appearance, he saved his friends multiple times, giving the saying 'never underestimate a droid' its full meaning."
- — In-game description
Overview[edit | edit source]
- "Be Resourceful."
- — Battlefront II website
BB-8 is primarily an offensive hero. His Rolling Charge is similar to the Ovissian Gunner and Han Solo's charges, where BB-8 rushes forward and knocks back an opponent upon contact, dealing damage. It also deals damage through blocking opponents.
BB-8's Resistance Backing ability can be paired with Rey's Insight ability to reveal enemies to his allies. In addition to that, Resistance Backing causes enemies to take more damage, somewhat like Count Dooku's Expose Weakness ability, as well as scrambles enemy radar.
If he is in a sticky situation, BB-8 can use his Cable Spin ability to deal very high area damage. Cable Spin shines greatly in tight spaces with a group of enemies, especially when Spinner and Whirlwind Star Cards are equipped. As a trooper, you will have a hard time escaping his Cable Spin before you are defeated, but Heroes are able to escape it easier.
BB-8's passive ability Technical Support makes him count as two units, making him a vital unit in Supremacy, Co-Op and Instant Action. The ability also allows him to override objectives faster, and can be used in order to overcome an objective as quick as possible in intense zones. His second passive ability, Swift Reaction, increases the cooldown speed of nearby friendlies' abilities. When paired with Finn's Big Deal ability, surrounding allies will be greatly strengthened. BB-8 also has a flashlight that can be activated using the melee key.
Levels[edit | edit source]
|Level||Reward Upon Reaching Level||XP to Complete Level||Total Skill Points|
|2||1 Skill Point
Self Repairs becomes available
Shielded Roll becomes available
|3||1 Skill Point||10,200||2|
|4||1 Skill Point||10,540||3|
|5||1 Skill Point
Headfirst becomes available
Whirlwind becomes available
|6||1 Skill Point||11,400||5|
|7||1 Skill Point||11,836||6|
|8||1 Skill Point||12,280||7|
|9||1 Skill Point||12,736||8|
|10||1 Skill Point
Spared Batteries becomes available
|11||1 Skill Point||17,203||10|
|12||1 Skill Point
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Rare
|13||1 Skill Point||18,123||12|
|14||1 Skill Point||18,590||13|
|15||1 Skill Point
Spinner becomes available
Trusty Droid becomes available
|16||1 Skill Point||19,540||15|
|17||1 Skill Point||20,023||16|
|18||1 Skill Point||20,510||17|
|19||1 Skill Point||21,003||18|
|20||1 Skill Point
Uncover becomes available
Roll Together becomes available
|21||1 Skill Point||22,003||20|
|22||1 Skill Point||22,510||21|
|23||1 Skill Point||23,023||22|
|24||1 Skill Point||23,540||23|
|25||1 Skill Point
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Epic
|26-37||1 Skill Point per level||24,417||36|
|38-40||1,000 Credits per level||24,417||36|
Health and Movement[edit | edit source]
|Health Statistics for BB-8|
|Health Regen Rate||65 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||300|
|Regen Delay||4 sec|
Weapon[edit | edit source]
|In-game Description||BB-8 shoots electricity with his SHOCK PROD, sustaining damage to enemies in front of him.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Name||Health on Elimination|
|In-game Description||BB-8 regains health for each defeated enemy.|
|Effect||Grants 20 health per defeated trooper, 100 health per defeated Hero.|
|In-game Description||BB-8 counts as two units when capturing a point and activates objectives faster.|
|Effect||Captures objectives faster|
|In-game Description||BB-8 passively increases the cooldown speed of friendly characters around him.|
|Effect||Boosts cooldowns of allies by 5%|
|Area of Effect||7 meters surrounding BB-8|
Combat Abilities[edit | edit source]
|In-game Description||BB-8 scrambles enemy radars while revealing hostiles to himself and his allies. If attacked, revealed enemies will take increased damage.|
|Effect||Reveals opponents, scrambles enemy scanners, and revealed enemies take 5% more damage
|Area of Effect||20 meters surrounding BB-8|
|Ability Duration||12 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||18 seconds|
|In-game Description||BB-8 deploys his cables and lashes out with a spin, inflicting high damage to all close by enemies.|
|Effect||Damages enemies close to BB-8, additionally grants 30% damage reduction to BB-8|
|Area of Effect||5 meters|
|Ability Duration||8 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||25 seconds|
|In-game Description||BB-8 charges forward to knock down and damage the first enemy standing in his path. If blocked, the enemy is still staggered and damaged.|
|Effect||Knock down enemy upon contact, dealing damage|
|Ability Cooldown||10 seconds|
Boost Cards[edit | edit source]
|Self Repairs||Shielded Roll||Headfirst||Whirlwind||Spared Batteries|
|Spinner||Trusty Droid||Uncover||Roll Together|
Victory Poses[edit | edit source]
In-game Hints[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- "All heroes can dodge or evade. Use this to avoid damage and open distance between you and your enemy."
- — First hint
- "Dodge is most effective at avoiding lightsaber attacks and opening space between you and the attacker."
- — Second hint
- "Heroes can only block attacks from the front. Try to position around them and hit them from behind to be effective."
- — Third hint
- "Each time a blocking hero deflects damage or swings their lightsaber, they lose stamina. When out of stamina, heroes are unable to deflect or trigger a closing strike."
- — Fourth hint
- "Heroes have strengths and weaknesses. Hone your skills by playing Arcade."
- — Fifth hint
- "Use Star Cards to ensure your hero experience is personally tailored."
- — Sixth hint
- "Heroes will only regenerate a limited amount of health after taking damage."
- — Seventh hint
Specific[edit | edit source]
- "BB-8 is extremely agile on the battlefront. Use this edge to zip between multiple hot zones and help your allies."
- — First hint
- "BB-8 has several passive abilities. Position yourself on the battlefront to make the most of them."
- — Second hint
- "Enemies affected by BB-8's RESISTANCE BACKING will get misleading data on their radar."
- — Third hint
Emotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- BB-8 is the only droid hero for the Light Side.
- Older Heroes were released with a credit cost of 35,000, but BB-8 and BB-9E were both made available for free for everyone.
- Unlike previous heroes, whose emotes and victory poses were unlockable using Credits or Crystals, BB-8 and BB-9E's emotes and victory poses are currently obtainable exclusively through milestones.
- His intro music is a portion of the track "Follow Me" in The Force Awakens soundtrack.
- When brainstorming ideas for what hero abilities BB-8 could have, the developers considered the move he did in The Last Jedi where he shot casino coins out of himself.
Updates[edit | edit source]
- Known issue: Audio is not played when previewing BB-8's emotes in the Collection menu.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where spamming both the main fire and secondary fire keys for BB-8 would drain the stamina quickly without dealing the appropriate amount of damage.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where the Spinner Star Card would grant 20 seconds of cooldown reduction, instead of 10, at Epic rarity.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where no audio would play when inspecting BB-8's emotes in the Collection menu.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where BB-8 would eventually play the wrong voice lines when they were disrupted.
- Bug fix: Fixed various visual issues with the trail left behind by BB-8.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where casting certain effects on BB-8 while using their abilities could cause the death of seemingly random AI players.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where placeholder voice lines would trigger when BB-8 would encounter an enemy hero.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where BB-8's moving animation could break if he was interrupted after using Rolling Charge.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where a BB-8 milestone would reward the wrong emote.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where AI would not spawn as BB-8 and BB-9E as frequently as other heroes.
- General: Increased the support ability score reward from 2 to 4.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where the "Twist" milestone did not track score accurately.
- Quality of life: Added in-game messaging for enemies when they are taking increased damage from Resistance Backing.
- Quality of life: Rolling Charge now follows the direction of the camera instead of BB-8's character model.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II - The BB Update & Age of Rebellion on the way
- Tweet by Ben Walke (@BenWalke). "Was considered for one of his abilities." (Image) (Source)
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIHeroes in|