- "A brave and resourceful astromech droid, BB-8 accompanied Poe Dameron on many dangerous missions for the Resistance. Despite his modest appearance, he saved his friends multiple times, giving the saying 'never underestimate a droid' its full meaning."
- — In-game Description
- "Be Resourceful."
- — Battlefront II website
BB-8 is primarily an offensive hero. His Rolling Charge is similar to the Ovissian Gunner and Han Solo's charges, where BB-8 rushes forward and knocks back an opponent upon contact, dealing damage. It also deals damage through blocking opponents.
BB-8's Resistance Backing ability can be paired with Rey's Insight ability to reveal enemies to his allies. In addition to that, Resistance Backing causes enemies to take more damage, somewhat like Count Dooku's Expose Weakness ability, as well as scrambles enemy radar.
If he is in a sticky situation, BB-8 can use his Cable Spin ability to deal very high area damage. Cable Spin shines greatly in tight spaces with a group of enemies, especially when Spinner and Whirlwind Star Cards are equipped. As a trooper, you will have a hard time escaping his Cable Spin before you are defeated, but Heroes are able to escape it easier.
BB-8's passive ability Technical Support makes him count as two units, making him a vital unit in Supremacy, Co-Op and Instant Action. His second passive ability, Swift Reaction, increases the cooldown speed of nearby friendlies' abilities. When paired with Finn's Big Deal ability, surrounding allies will be greatly strengthened. BB-8 also has a flashlight that can be activated using the melee key.
|Hero Level||Reward Upon Reaching Level||XP to Complete Level||Total Skill Points|
|2|| 1 Skill Point|
Self Repairs becomes available
Shielded Roll becomes available
|3||1 Skill Point||10,200||2|
|4||1 Skill Point||10,540||3|
|5|| 1 Skill Point|
Headfirst becomes available
Whirlwind becomes available
|6||1 Skill Point||11,400||5|
|7||1 Skill Point||11,836||6|
|8||1 Skill Point||12,280||7|
|9||1 Skill Point||12,736||8|
|10|| 1 Skill Point|
Spared Batteries becomes available
|11||1 Skill Point||17,203||10|
|12|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Rare
|13||1 Skill Point||18,123||12|
|14||1 Skill Point||18,590||13|
|15|| 1 Skill Point|
Spinner becomes available
Trusty Droid becomes available
|16||1 Skill Point||19,540||15|
|17||1 Skill Point||20,023||16|
|18||1 Skill Point||20,510||17|
|19||1 Skill Point||21,003||18|
|20|| 1 Skill Point|
Uncover becomes available
Roll Together becomes available
|21||1 Skill Point||22,003||20|
|22||1 Skill Point||22,510||21|
|23||1 Skill Point||23,023||22|
|24||1 Skill Point||23,540||23|
|25|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Epic
|26-37||1 Skill Point per level||24,417||36|
|38-40||1,000 Credits per level||24,417||36|
Health and Movement Edit
|Health Statistics for BB-8|
|Health Regen Rate||65 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen|| 300|
|Regen Delay||4 sec|
|In-game Description||BB-8 shoots electricity with his SHOCK PROD, sustaining damage to enemies in front of him.|
|Damage|| 29/0.3 seconds|
Passive Abilities Edit
|Name||Health on Elimination|
|In-game Description||BB-8 regains health for each defeated enemy.|
|Effect||Grants 20 health per defeated trooper, 100 health per defeated Hero.|
|In-game Description||BB-8 counts as two units when capturing a point and activates objectives faster.|
|Effect||Captures objectives faster|
|In-game Description||BB-8 passively increases the cooldown speed of friendly characters around him.|
|Effect|| Boosts cooldowns of allies by 5%|
|Area of Effect||7 meters surrounding BB-8|
Combat Abilities Edit
|In-game Description||BB-8 scrambles enemy radars while revealing hostiles to himself and his allies. If attacked, revealed enemies will take increased damage.|
|Effect|| Reveals opponents, scrambles enemy scanners, and revealed enemies take 5% more damage
|Area of Effect||20 meters surrounding BB-8|
|Ability Duration||12 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||18 seconds|
|In-game Description||BB-8 deploys his cables and lashes out with a spin, inflicting high damage to all close by enemies.|
|Damage|| 45/0.3 seconds|
|Effect||Damages enemies close to BB-8, additionally grants 30% damage reduction to BB-8|
|Area of Effect|| 5 meters|
|Ability Duration||8 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown|| 25 seconds|
|In-game Description||BB-8 charges forward to knock down and damage the first enemy standing in his path. If blocked, the enemy is still staggered and damaged.|
|Damage|| 200 (Non-heroes)|
|Effect|| Knock down enemy upon contact, dealing damage|
|Ability Cooldown||10 seconds|
Star Cards Edit
Boost Cards Edit
|Self Repairs||Shielded Roll||Headfirst||Whirlwind||Spared Batteries|
|Spinner||Trusty Droid||Uncover||Roll Together|
- "All heroes can dodge or evade. Use this to avoid damage and open distance between you and your enemy."
- — First hint
- "Dodge is most effective at avoiding lightsaber attacks and opening space between you and the attacker."
- — Second hint
- "Heroes can only block attacks from the front. Try to position around them and hit them from behind to be effective."
- — Third hint
- "Each time a blocking hero deflects damage or swings their lightsaber, they lose stamina. When out of stamina, heroes are unable to deflect or trigger a closing strike."
- — Fourth hint
- "Heroes have strengths and weaknesses. Hone your skills by playing Arcade."
- — Fifth hint
- "Use Star Cards to ensure your hero experience is personally tailored."
- — Sixth hint
- "Heroes will only regenerate a limited amount of health after taking damage."
- — Seventh hint
- "BB-8 is extremely agile on the battlefront. Use this edge to zip between multiple hot zones and help your allies."
- — First hint
- "BB-8 has several passive abilities. Position yourself on the battlefront to make the most of them."
- — Second hint
- "Enemies affected by BB-8's RESISTANCE BACKING will get misleading data on their radar."
- — Third hint
- BB-8 is the first droid hero for the Light Side.
- Older Heroes were released with a credit cost of 35,000, but BB-8 and BB-9E were both made available for free for everyone.
- Unlike previous heroes, whose emotes and victory poses were unlockable using Credits or Crystals, BB-8 and BB-9E's emotes and victory poses are currently obtainable exclusively through milestones.
- His intro music is a portion of the track "Follow Me" in The Force Awakens soundtrack.
- When brainstorming ideas for what hero abilities BB-8 could have, the developers considered the move he did in The Last Jedi where he shot casino coins out of himself.