The update most notably includes the release of Geonosis to the game as a Galactic Assault map, Trippa Hive, as well as the light side Republic hero Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th Attack Battalion Appearances. Other notable additions and changes include:
- The release of three new land vehicles: the BARC Speeder, STAP and AT-TE.
- The release of the Shattered Armor Appearance for General Grievous.
- The release of the additional Jedi Robes Appearance for Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Four Community Transmissions were released leading up to the update, including one on Geonosis, one on the new vehicles on Geonosis, one on Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th Attack Battalion and finally one providing the release notes and a general overview of the update.
One Community Update video was released detailing the content of the update.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
New Content[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
- New Galactic Assault mission taking place on the planet of Geonosis.
- New playable land vehicles are available on Geonosis: STAP, BARC Speeder, AT-TE.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is now playable. Obi-Wan comes with three abilities: All-Out Push, Defensive Rush and Restricted Mind Trick. One alternative appearance is available to unlock.
- More Clone Trooper appearances are now available (212th Attack Battalion).
- A new "Shattered Armor" appearance for General Grievous is available to unlock.
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- The Stamina indicator for heroes is now easier to read, as it is being depleted, instead of being filled up.
Changes to Classes and Special Units[edit | edit source]
- Flash Grenade: Removed movement impairing effects that would occur when affected by the flash.
- Inspiring Presence: Lowered score gained (15->10 points per tick).
- Blurrg-1120: Reduced Start Damage *(*32->25) and End Damage (14->12).
- SE-44C: Reduced Start Damage (33->31) and End Damage (17->15).
- S-5: Reduced distance before damage fall off starts (20->15).
- Fixed an issue where the crosshair for the Specialist's weapon would change, whenever the player is equipping the weapon with a magnification attachment.
Hero Changes[edit | edit source]
- Improved the reliability of Unrelenting Advance blocking incoming blaster shots from the front side. Unrelenting Advance will not be blocking explosive shots or special Hero abilities.
- Improved Grievous’ rotation speed when using Unrelenting Advance.
- Increased Unrelenting Advance damage from 75 to 110 points.
- Reduced how often Grievous' Unrelenting Advance deals damage from 1.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds.
- Fixed issues that would occasionally allow Grievous to re-trigger the Unrelenting Advance ability.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous’ hands during Unrelenting Advance would not be visibly spinning for other players.
- Improved the chances of Thrust Surge connecting with the enemy. Enemies who manage to get out of the way in a timely manner, can still avoid Grievous’ Thrust Surge.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous would get locked into a spinning and running animation after performing Thrust Surge on a dead enemy.
- Improved the UI for Grievous’ Thrust Surge indicator. The UI indicator comes up faster and more reliably when the ability is ready to be performed on an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous' lightsabers would change halfway through the "Thrust Surge" animation.
- Fixed a visual issue where Grievous' hand would be partially visible when observed from a distance.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous' stun animation would last longer compared to other stunned heroes.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous' Victory Poses would overlap with other heroes on the End-Of-Round screen.
- Fixed an issue where equipping the "Line Up, Weaklings" Star Card would cause Claw Rush to not deal damage to more than 1 enemy when playing on Arcade.
- Further iterated on SFX, VFX and Animations in regards to Grievous' movement, attacks and abilities.
- Fixed an issue where Luke Skywalker's first damage would not always register against an enemy.
- Made adjustments to Chewbacca's Stun Grenade, as well as the fire rate and bullet heat per shot of the Furious Bowcaster, to prevent possible instant kills when Chewbacca has full health.
- Reduced fire rate of Furious Bowcaster from 110 to 90.
- Reduced stun time of the Stun Grenade from 1 second to 0.75 seconds.
- Increased overheat per bullet from 0.057 to 0.075.
- Reduced number of shots possible with Furious Bowcaster from 14 to 10.
- Reduced the cooldown for the Furious Bowcaster ability from 25 to 20 to improve Chewbacca's reliability in Galactic Assault.
- Reduced Chewbacca's explosive damage and increased the blaster damage to balance Chewbacca's attacks against Lightsaber-wielding enemies.
- Reduced explosive damage of main bullet from 40 to 25.
- Increased blaster damage from main bullet from 30 to 40.
- Increased end damage of main bullet from 30 to 35.
- Reduced explosive damage of Scatter bullet from Furious Bowcaster from 15 to 10.
- Increased blaster damage of Scatter bullet from Furious Bowcaster from 20 to 25.
Arcade Changes[edit | edit source]
- Improved gameplay flow on Arcade, by removing Spawn timer on Arcade.
- Fixed an issue where players playing as Separatist Starfighters, would spawn inside Out Of Bounds areas of the map on Ryloth and Kamino.
Squad Spawn Changes[edit | edit source]
- Delayed the timer for squad formation until the game mode starts, to prevent issues with group squads not forming while the End-Of-Round matchmaking is on.
- Enabled ability to squad spawn on the Clone Jump Trooper.
- Removed the "In Combat" effect for when players would shoot their gun without a target.
Matchmaking Changes[edit | edit source]
- Various stability fixes for End-Of-Round Matchmaking in regards to players playing with friends in parties.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the game on PC, would occasionally freeze for a couple of seconds after advancing to the last phase.
- Collision fixes to prevent clipping through specific rock assets.
- Collision fixes to prevent clipping through the wall and outside the playable area.
Vehicle Changes[edit | edit source]
- Reduced speeders collision damage to prevent road kills at low speed.
- Applied gamepad aiming improvements to the 74-Z Speeder Bike.
- Increased High Explosive Shells blast damage from 100 to 150 points.
- Added a reticle for the High Explosive Shells ability.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Siege Mode ability on the AAT from increasing damage correctly.
General Changes/Misc[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the progression towards Timed Challenges would not show up during the End-Of-Round screen.
- Fixed an issue where a box counting down to new Timed Challenges would not show up on the Home screen.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a notification for the completed timed challenges to appear every time the title is booted.
- Fixed an issue where the pop-up for completing an inactive timed challenge would show up with an empty description.
- Fixed an issue where the player would be occasionally prompted with nine Timed Challenges, instead of three.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally receive the wrong prompt when completing the "Blast Them To Pieces" Timed Challenge.
- Fixed an issue where selected heroes were not always highlighted on the deploy screen when playing Heroes vs. Villains or Hero Showdown.
- Fixed various visual issues in regards to lighting and reflections in the Spawn and End-Of-Round screens.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- An issue has occurred where some of the explosion VFX will occasionally not be visible when they should. The issue currently affects Han Solo’s Detonite Charge grenade and parts of the AT-TE body. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.
- The Blaster Turret and the Ion Turret will occasionally not successfully lock-on an enemy AT-TE. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.
Related media[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIUpdates of|