The update most notably includes the release of Geonosis to the game as a Galactic Assault map, Trippa Hive, as well as the light side Republic hero Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th Attack Battalion Appearances. Other notable additions and changes include:
- The release of three new land vehicles: the BARC Speeder, STAP and AT-TE.
- The release of the Shattered Armor Appearance for General Grievous.
- The release of the additional Jedi Robes Appearance for Obi-Wan Kenobi.
OBI-WAN KENOBI & 212TH ATTACK BATTALION
With General Grievous arriving last month, it’s only fitting that the Jedi with whom he regularly clashed joins the battlefront. Say “Hello there” as Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi joins the roster of heroes in Star Wars™ Battlefront II, ready to face off against General Grievous and others.
We’re incredibly excited to be bringing one of the most requested characters to date into Star Wars Battlefront II and we can’t wait to see him in action.
Obi-Wan Kenobi will cost 35,000 credits (and will not be available via crystals). He will also come with an additional appearance, “Robed”, which will be classified as Epic and cost 40,000 credits or 1,000 crystals.
The 212th Attack Battalion will be priced at 20,000 credits or 500 Crystals each, and available for Assault, Heavy and Specialist classes for the Galactic Republic. If you’re looking to pick up all three appearances, you’ll be able to take advantage of a bundle that costs 40,000 credits. This special bundle will be available from within the crate menu.
NEW PLANET: GEONOSIS
Step onto one of the largest planets we’ve created for Star Wars Battlefront II and become part of the history of one of the Clone Wars most iconic and important locations.
At the heart of the Geonosis experience is the AT-TE. This six-legged armored walker is fully controllable and plays a vital role on the battlefront. Clone Troopers will want to protect their AT-TE’s at all costs, while the Droids will need to do everything they can to stop their advance.
We went into detail on Geonosis in its own Community Transmission, which you will find here.
NEW VEHICLES: GEONOSIS
Alongside the AT-TE, two other vehicles will be arriving on Geonosis. Both the BARC and STAP speeders are fast and agile, allowing for accelerated movement around the battlefront. What they lack in durability they make up for in speed; the perfect set of vehicles for traversing the Geonosis landscape as quick as possible.
Want to know more about the new vehicles coming as part of the Battle for Geonosis update? We’ve got you covered.
NEW APPEARANCE: SHATTERED ARMOR
Not to be outshined by Obi-Wan Kenobi, General Grievous will also be receiving a brand-new appearance in this update.
Enduring punishment unimaginable to any organic being, General Grievous pursued the obliteration his enemies whatever the cost. Frequently broken beyond repair, Grievous's cybernetics were easily replaced but his conquests would stand the test of time.
This is a brand-new look for General Grievous, never before seen in Star Wars and we’re incredibly excited to seeing it in action on the battlefront.
The Shattered Armor Appearance for General Grievous will be classified as Legendary and cost 80,000 credits or 2,000 crystals.
- New Galactic Assault mission taking place on the planet of Geonosis.
- New playable land vehicles are available on Geonosis: STAP, BARC Speeder, AT-TE.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is now playable. Obi-Wan comes with three abilities: All-Out Push, Defensive Rush and Restricted Mind Trick. One alternative appearance is available to unlock.
- More Clone Trooper appearances are now available (212th Attack Battalion).
- A new "Shattered Armor" appearance for General Grievous is available to unlock.
Quality of LifeEdit
- The Stamina indicator for heroes is now easier to read, as it is being depleted, instead of being filled up.
Changes to Classes and Special UnitsEdit
- Flash Grenade: Removed movement impairing effects that would occur when affected by the flash.
- Inspiring Presence: Lowered score gained (15->10 points per tick).
- Blurrg-1120: Reduced Start Damage *(*32->25) and End Damage (14->12).
- SE-44C: Reduced Start Damage (33->31) and End Damage (17->15).
- S-5: Reduced distance before damage fall off starts (20->15).
- Fixed an issue where the crosshair for the Specialist's weapon would change, whenever the player is equipping the weapon with a magnification attachment.
- Improved the reliability of Unrelenting Advance blocking incoming blaster shots from the front side. Unrelenting Advance will not be blocking explosive shots or special Hero abilities.
- Improved Grievous’ rotation speed when using Unrelenting Advance.
- Increased Unrelenting Advance damage from 75 to 110 points.
- Reduced how often Grievous' Unrelenting Advance deals damage from 1.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds.
- Fixed issues that would occasionally allow Grievous to re-trigger the Unrelenting Advance ability.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous’ hands during Unrelenting Advance would not be visibly spinning for other players.
- Improved the chances of Thrust Surge connecting with the enemy. Enemies who manage to get out of the way in a timely manner, can still avoid Grievous’ Thrust Surge.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous would get locked into a spinning and running animation after performing Thrust Surge on a dead enemy.
- Improved the UI for Grievous’ Thrust Surge indicator. The UI indicator comes up faster and more reliably when the ability is ready to be performed on an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous' lightsabers would change halfway through the "Thrust Surge" animation.
- Fixed a visual issue where Grievous' hand would be partially visible when observed from a distance.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous' stun animation would last longer compared to other stunned heroes.
- Fixed an issue where Grievous' Victory Poses would overlap with other heroes on the End-Of-Round screen.
- Fixed an issue where equipping the "Line Up, Weaklings" Star Card would cause Claw Rush to not deal damage to more than 1 enemy when playing on Arcade.
- Further iterated on SFX, VFX and Animations in regards to Grievous' movement, attacks and abilities.
- Fixed an issue where Luke Skywalker's first damage would not always register against an enemy.
- Made adjustments to Chewbacca's Stun Grenade, as well as the fire rate and bullet heat per shot of the Furious Bowcaster, to prevent possible instant kills when Chewbacca has full health.
- Reduced fire rate of Furious Bowcaster from 110 to 90.
- Reduced stun time of the Stun Grenade from 1 second to 0.75 seconds.
- Increased overheat per bullet from 0.057 to 0.075.
- Reduced number of shots possible with Furious Bowcaster from 14 to 10.
- Reduced the cooldown for the Furious Bowcaster ability from 25 to 20 to improve Chewbacca's reliability in Galactic Assault.
- Reduced Chewbacca's explosive damage and increased the blaster damage to balance Chewbacca's attacks against Lightsaber-wielding enemies.
- Reduced explosive damage of main bullet from 40 to 25.
- Increased blaster damage from main bullet from 30 to 40.
- Increased end damage of main bullet from 30 to 35.
- Reduced explosive damage of Scatter bullet from Furious Bowcaster from 15 to 10.
- Increased blaster damage of Scatter bullet from Furious Bowcaster from 20 to 25.
- Improved gameplay flow on Arcade, by removing Spawn timer on Arcade.
- Fixed an issue where players playing as Separatist Starfighters, would spawn inside Out Of Bounds areas of the map on Ryloth and Kamino.
Squad Spawn ChangesEdit
- Delayed the timer for squad formation until the game mode starts, to prevent issues with group squads not forming while the End-Of-Round matchmaking is on.
- Enabled ability to squad spawn on the Clone Jump Trooper.
- Removed the "In Combat" effect for when players would shoot their gun without a target.
- Various stability fixes for End-Of-Round Matchmaking in regards to players playing with friends in parties.
- Fixed an issue where the game on PC, would occasionally freeze for a couple of seconds after advancing to the last phase.
- Collision fixes to prevent clipping through specific rock assets.
- Collision fixes to prevent clipping through the wall and outside the playable area.
- Reduced speeders collision damage to prevent road kills at low speed.
- Applied gamepad aiming improvements to the 74-Z Speeder Bike.
- Increased High Explosive Shells blast damage from 100 to 150 points.
- Added a reticle for the High Explosive Shells ability.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Siege Mode ability on the AAT from increasing damage correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the progression towards Timed Challenges would not show up during the End-Of-Round screen.
- Fixed an issue where a box counting down to new Timed Challenges would not show up on the Home screen.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a notification for the completed timed challenges to appear every time the title is booted.
- Fixed an issue where the pop-up for completing an inactive timed challenge would show up with an empty description.
- Fixed an issue where the player would be occasionally prompted with nine Timed Challenges, instead of three.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally receive the wrong prompt when completing the "Blast Them To Pieces" Timed Challenge.
- Fixed an issue where selected heroes were not always highlighted on the deploy screen when playing Heroes vs. Villains or Hero Showdown.
- Fixed various visual issues in regards to lighting and reflections in the Spawn and End-Of-Round screens.
- An issue has occurred where some of the explosion VFX will occasionally not be visible when they should. The issue currently affects Han Solo’s Detonite Charge grenade and parts of the AT-TE body. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.
- The Blaster Turret and the Ion Turret will occasionally not successfully lock-on an enemy AT-TE. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.
|Updates of DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|
1.1 Patch ⋅ 1.2 Patch ⋅ 2.0 Patch ⋅ Night on Endor Update ⋅ Han Solo Season Update ⋅ Han Solo Season Update 2 ⋅ Hero Starfighters Update ⋅ Elite Corps Update ⋅ Squad System Update ⋅ General Grievous Update ⋅ Battle of Geonosis Update ⋅ December Update
Darth Tyranus Update ⋅ The Chosen One Update ⋅ Capital Supremacy Update ⋅ Giants Above Kachirho Update ⋅ Siege of Kamino Update ⋅ Where are those Droidekas? Update ⋅ Roger Roger Update ⋅ Cooperation Update ⋅ Another Night on Endor Update ⋅ The Celebration Update ⋅ The Rise of Skywalker Update
January 2020 Update