Star Wars Battlefront II
In Battlefront II, two teams of eight players fight to be the first to reach 100 kills. The player earns Battle Points for eliminating enemies and can use these to play as powerful special units besides the normal Assault, Heavy, Officer, and Specialist classes. Each player is placed in a four-man squad and squad mates can spawn on each other.
The following are all maps in Battlefront II that Blast is playable on:
- Bespin: Administrator's Palace
- Crait: Abandoned Rebel Outpost
- Death Star II: Command Sector North
- Endor: Research Station 9
- Geonosis: Trippa Hive
- Hoth: Outpost Delta
- Jakku: The Graveyard
- Kamino: Cloning Facility
- Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach
- Kessel: Coaxium Mine
- Naboo: Palace Hangar
- Naboo: Theed
- Starkiller Base: Command Center
- Takodana: Maz's Castle
- Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
- Tatooine: Mos Eisley
- Yavin 4: The Great Temple
- Tweaked the combat area on Endor when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the combat area on Hoth when playing Blast.
- New map Crait: Abandoned Rebel Outpost added.
- New map Bespin: Administrator's Palace added.
- Improved spawn zones for Blast on Starkiller Base.
- Bespin: Adjusted map boundaries and modified spawn zones to accommodate the change.
- Bespin: Fixed various collision issues.
- Fixed an issue on Kamino in Strike/Blast where defending clone players of the Galactic Republic hear the Resistance VO mentioning the First Order in all the objective VOs triggered throughout the gameplay.
- New map Kessel: Coaxium Mine added.
- Crait map is back in Blast rotation after fixing issue with MVP screen.
- Fixed an issue on PC - EOR Matchmaking - Blast & Heroes vs Villains - The user remains stuck in EOR screen when only one of the players clicks the Matchmake button while in a party.
- New map Naboo: Palace Hangar added.
- Reduced the size of players required to start a match of Blast from 10 → 8.
- Implemented a limit in the difference of team sizes before a mode can start. This way, a mode cannot start with an unbalanced size in teams. The maximum difference in team sizes are:
- Blast: 2 players
- Implemented Squad Spawn on Blast and reduced the spawn timer for that mode to 5 seconds.
- New map Geonosis: Trippa Hive added.
- Reduced the minimum number of players required to start the following game modes:
- Blast from 8 → 4
- Fixed a visual issue where the minimap would occasionally wrongly mark the position of a squadmate.
- Removed requirement for new matchmaking after each round in Blast.
Star Wars Battlefront
Two teams of 10 players each (for a total of 20 players) are battling each other for victory.
In order to win a match of Blast, the players have to hunt down and kill members of the opposing team while avoiding being killed themselves.
The team that first reaches the score limit, 100 kills, will be victorious. The score counter at the top of the screen shows both teams' progress towards victory. Should neither side have acquired 100 kills before the time limit, whichever team had the most kills will win. If both have an exacting number of kills, a draw will be issued.
If a player scores more kills than anyone else in the match, they will unlock the "Playing the Objective" Achievement. This can also be awarded to other players who have the same exact kill count. Prior to the January 2016 Update, a bug relating to this achievement prevented it from being rewarded despite the criteria being fulfilled.
The following are all maps in Battlefront that Blast is playable on:
- Endor: Swamp Crash Site
- Endor: Imperial Station
- Hoth: Ice Caves
- Hoth: Rebel Base
- Twilight on Hoth
- Jakku: Goazon Badlands
- Sullust: Imperial Hangar
- Sullust: Sulfur Fields
- Tatooine: Dune Sea Exchange
- Tatooine: Rebel Depot
- Tatooine: Jawa Refuge
- Tatooine: Raider Camp
- Tatooine: Jabba's Palace (Outer Rim expansion pack)
- Tatooine: Palace Garage (Outer Rim DLC)
- Sullust: SoroSuub Refinery (Outer Rim DLC)
- Sullust: SoroSuub Pipelines (Outer Rim DLC)
- Bespin: Carbonite Freezing Chambers (Bespin expansion pack)
- Bespin: Administrator's Palace (Bespin DLC)
- Bespin: Bioniip Laboratories (Bespin DLC)
- Death Star: Defense Sector (Death Star expansion pack)
- Death Star: Power Sector (Death Star DLC)
- Death Star: Command Sector (Death Star DLC)
- Scarif Beach (Rogue One: Scarif expansion pack)
- Scarif Jungle (Rogue One: Scarif DLC)
- Scarif: Landing Pad 13 (Rogue One: Scarif DLC)
- Fixed a bug where the player did not always die when falling down the bridge on Hoth
- Survival map Tatooine: Raider Camp added to Blast.
- New game mode minimum player count thresholds:
- Blast: 4 players
- Updated spawn management between big and small game modes
- Reduced the match bonus for Blast from 2000 → 1000
- Reduced the Win bonus for Blast from 750 → 500
- New map Twilight on Hoth added.
- Resolved an issue in which the round would end in draw when the score was 100/99.
|Game Modes of Star Wars Battlefront|
Note: Superscripts denote game modes locked to expansion packs.
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIGame Modes in|