- "Small and agile blaster with extreme rate of fire often wielded by the Naboo security forces."
- — In-game Description
Small and compact, the CR-2 features two grips and a short barrel. The blaster can be configured with a larger night vision scope and an extended stock to help minimize recoil. Its barrel can also be configured with a modification to allow the blaster to shoot ionized bolts.
The CR-2 is a fully automatic blaster with a very fast rate of fire compared to most other weapons for the Assault class, making it effective at close-to-medium range. The CR-2 suffers from very rapid damage fall off, causing it to quickly lose its effectiveness at longer ranges.
Overall, the CR-2 is well-suited for close-range shootouts and indoor fighting but becomes much weaker in outdoor areas. Compared to the default blasters available to the Assault class, the CR-2 is less versatile and much more situational, sacrificing long range accuracy for greater close range power. The CR-2 is ideal for close-quarter style maps, such as Death Star II, Yavin 4, and the later stages of Starkiller Base.
|Rate of Fire||900 RPM|
|Range|| Start damage drop-off: 15 meters|
End damage drop-off: 30 meters
|Overheat||50 shots (0.02 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||1 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown Delay||5 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown||0.6 heat per second|
|In-game Description||Light stock allowing sustained fire with less recoil.|
|Effect||Reduces recoil of the weapon|
|Prerequisite||25 kills with CR-2|
- The Ion Shot modification for the CR-2 features an iron sight that would serve no practical purpose since the gun already comes with a scope and the shape of the gun would block the iron sights from the user's point-of-view.
- Contrary to the weapon's in-game description, the CR-2 cannot be agile as it is an inanimate object unable to move by itself.
- The CR-2, along with the S-5, first appeared in The Phantom Menance as a weapon wielded by members of the Royal Naboo Security Forces.
- Fixed several issues with abilities and weapons occasionally not properly outlining enemies. The improvements affect the Assault's Scan Dart and CR-2 Night Vision Scope, the Heavy's FWMB-10K Night Vision Scope, the Officer's SE-44C Night Vision Scope and the Specialist's Thermal Binoculars.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent Super Success triggers compared to other blasters.
Reduced Recoil Edit
Ion Shot Edit
Night Vision Edit
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IITrooper Weapons in|