- "Armies collide both on and above the battlefront in this objective-based tug of war. Ground forces must compete for control of command posts, determined to board the enemy's capital ship and destroy it from within."
- — In-game Description
Capital Supremacy is a 40 player non-linear game mode in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II set in the Clone Wars based on capturing Command Posts and ultimately bringing down capital ships. Capital Supremacy features heroes, Reinforcement, and vehicles that can be spawned in.
Capital Supremacy has been described as "non-linear" and a "sandbox" by the developers, although it does feature some linearity in later phases. At the beginning of a round, two teams of 40 players, reinforced with 12 AI bots per team, can capture five neutral Command Posts across the map. Once a Command Post is captured, it can be taken by the enemy team, however, and thus each captured Command Post must be defended.
Reinforcements are gathered when Command Posts are captured, and when a team has enough reinforcements, a transport is summoned. The transport for the Separatists is the HMP Droid Gunship while the transport for the Republic is the LAAT Gunship. Players will have a short amount of time to reach these transports. Extra tickets are awarded to the team for every player that reaches the transport in time. These extra tickets are used to bolster the attack on the enemy capital ship.
Once the capital ship has been reached, the attackers must override one of two doors and must then plant a device onto critical ship systems in order to destroy it. Defenders must prevent this and can stop the timer from progressing, but cannot reset its progress. If the capital ship being attacked is the Separatist Dreadnought, the clones must destroy the droid deployment bay and the cooling vent room. Should it be the Republic Venator under attack, droids must target the cargo bay and the reactor core. If the attackers' tickets are depleted before the systems are destroyed, the fighting will then return to the planet's surface. Any progress done is still kept over should the same team manage to launch another attack on the enemy capital ship.
If the defenders manage to successfully repel an attack on their capital ship, then upon returning to the planet's surface, they will be awarded control of a majority of the Command Posts. This gives them reinforcements immediately, giving them a headstart in calling in their transports.
The game is over once a capital ship's critical systems are destroyed, causing the capital ship to plummet towards the planet's surface and the attacking team to win.
The following maps are playable on Capital Supremacy:
Units available Edit
Galactic Republic Edit
|Jet Trooper||Wookiee Warrior||ARC Trooper|
|Anakin Skywalker||Chewbacca||Obi-Wan Kenobi||Yoda|
|B2-RP Rocket Droid||Droideka||B2 Super Battle Droid||Commando Droid|
|Bossk||Count Dooku||Darth Maul||General Grievous|
- Of all the modes that support heroes, Capital Supremacy is the only mode where hero selection is limited to a certain era, that being the Clone Wars.
- Capital Supremacy is very similar to a game mode developed by DICE for their Battlefield series, Titan mode, as seen in Battlefield 2142. Titan mode was later recreated in the Naval Strike DLC expansion pack for Battlefield 4 in the form of Carrier Assault.
- Capital Supremacy was internally referred to as "Titan" in the game's files, which was discovered by dataminers in the Battle of Geonosis Update, another hint at it being similar to Titan mode from Battlefield 2142.
- Capital Supremacy is also somewhat similar to Conquest, a mode present in both the Battlefield series and the original Star Wars: Battlefront games, and Supremacy, a mode in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront.
- Capital Supremacy was originally slated for a release sometime in the fall of 2018, but was delayed to a release in February 2019 with the Battle of Geonosis Update taking its place in the fall. In February, however, it was announced that the mode was being delayed again to an update in March in order to keep the quality of the mode high.
- Prior to the release of Capital Supremacy, Naboo and Tatooine were datamined as potential maps for Capital Supremacy. Naboo was added to Capital Supremacy in June, but it is currently unknown if Tatooine will be arriving sometime later.
June 27, 2019 server-side update
- To fix a crash that occurred on the map Naboo: Theed, during the ground-ship transition phase:
- Increased tickets required on the ground phase from 50 to 100
- Reduced bomb timer to 20 seconds, down from 100
- Ticket bonus for boarding is now up to 3 per boarding player, up from 1
- Added the map Naboo: Theed to Capital Supremacy.
- Added the map Kamino: Cloning Facility to Capital Supremacy.
- Added the map Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach to Capital Supremacy.
- Added selectable tile for Capital Supremacy in the Assault game mode category
April 4, 2019 server-side update
- Re-enabled AI in Capital Supremacy.
- Added fail-safe scripts to reduce the chances of unreactive spawning when transitioning between Ground and Capital Ship phases in Capital Supremacy.
- Additional server logging has been implemented to further diagnose spawning issues.
- Added tentative fixes for online AI causing server crashes on Capital Supremacy.
- Fixed an issue where players who join an ongoing match would occasionally get no audio during the boarding cinematic in Capital Supremacy.
March 29, 2019 server-side update
- Disabled AI until further notice.
March 29, 2019 server-side update
- Temporarily disabled AI in order to improve game stability.
- Decreased max heroes allowed for each team at any one time from 4 to 2.
March 28, 2019 server-side update
- Lowered boarding time of gunships from 60 sec to 45 sec.
- Increased reinforcements gained upon boarding gunship from 2 to 3.
- B2 Rocket Droid now correctly priced at 1000 Battle Points and B2 Super Battle Droid at 1500.
- Increased max heroes allowed for each team at any one time from 2 to 4.
- ↑ March Community Calendar
- ↑ Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy
- ↑ [The Future of Star Wars Battlefront II | EA Play E3 2018]
- ↑ Community Transmission - Where are those Droidekas?
- ↑ The Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Roadmap
- ↑ The Roadmap
- ↑ OUR UPDATED STAR WARS™BATTLEFRONT™ II ROADMAP DETAILS WHAT’S AHEAD
- ↑ Community Transmission: Progress Update on New Mode + Emote Wheel
- ↑ Where are those Droidekas? Deployment - Update 27th June
- ↑ Ben Walke, Community Manager, on Twitter
- ↑ Planned Hotfix
- ↑ Temporary AI removal + Hero Changes
- ↑ Capital Supremacy and Gameplay Tweaks
|V ⋅ T ⋅ E Game Modes in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|
|Singleplayer / Co-op||Arcade ⋅ Campaign|
|Heroes and Villains||Heroes vs. Villains ⋅ Hero Showdown ⋅ Hero Starfighters|
|Assault||Galactic Assault ⋅ Capital Supremacy ⋅ Starfighter Assault ⋅ Strike|
|Operations||Blast ⋅ Extraction ⋅ Ewok Hunt ⋅ Jetpack Cargo|