- "Armies collide both on and above the battlefront in this objective-based tug of war. Ground forces must compete for control of command posts, determined to board the enemy's capital ship and destroy it from within."
- — In-game Description
Capital Supremacy is a 40 player non-linear game mode in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II set in the Clone Wars based on capturing Command Posts and ultimately bringing down capital ships. Capital Supremacy features heroes, Reinforcements, and vehicles that can be spawned in.
Capital Supremacy has been described as "non-linear" and a "sandbox" by the developers, although it does feature some linearity in later phases. In Capital Supremacy, two teams of 40 players, both of which are reinforced with 12 AI bots, compete against each other to conquer Command Posts scattered across the map. The team that controls a majority of Command Posts (three out of five) increases their percentage, and once they reach 100%, they can board two transport ships which fly the succeeding team up to the enemy team's capital ship. There, the attackers must secure their landing by capturing two Command Posts, and then push in to destroy critical systems, creating a chain reaction that causes the defenders' entire capital ship to explode and crash, thereby establishing their supremacy over the planet. Players can earn Battle Points by eliminating enemy players and playing the objective. Battle Points can be exchanged to spawn in as reinforcements, including special units and vehicles, though not starfighters, and heroes.
At the beginning of a round, both teams fight to capture five neutral Command Posts across the map. Once a Command Post is captured, it can be taken or recaptured by the enemy team, however, and thus each captured Command Post must be defended. This is different from Galactic Assault, where a defending team already controls control points and the attacking team must try to capture them from the defenders, who cannot recapture lost control points.
Reinforcements are gathered when Command Posts are captured, which is determined through percentage, and when a team has enough reinforcements, indicated by reaching 100%, two transport ships are summoned. The transport for the Separatists is the HMP Droid Gunship while the transport for the Republic is the LAAT Gunship. Players will have a short amount of time to reach these transports. Extra time in the ship phase is rewarded to the team for every player that boards a transport.
Fights then take place in the interiors of one of these capital ships at a time: either a Republic Venator-class Star Destroyer or a Separatist Providence-class Dreadnought. In the Republic Attack Cruiser, Separatists must secure one of two Command Posts to establish a foothold in the capital ship. After that, they must destroy three objectives part of either the cargo bay or the reactor core. In the Separatist Dreadnought, the Republic must also secure one of two Command Posts, and then destroy one objective: either the droid deployment bay or the cooling vent room. Both teams have five minutes to accomplish these objectives before they are repelled and return to the ground. Any progress done is still kept should the same team manage to mount another attack on the enemy capital ship.
If the defenders manage to successfully repel an attack on their capital ship, then upon returning to the planet's surface, they will be awarded control of a majority of the Command Posts. This gives them reinforcements immediately, giving them a headstart in calling in their transports.
The game is over once a capital ship's critical systems are destroyed, causing the capital ship to plummet towards the planet's surface and the attacking team to win.
The following maps are playable on Capital Supremacy:
- Geonosis: Pipeline Junction West
- Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach
- Kamino: Cloning Facility
- Naboo: Theed
- Felucia: Tagata
Units available Edit
Galactic Republic Edit
|Jet Trooper||Clone Commando||Wookiee Warrior||ARC Trooper|
|Anakin Skywalker||Chewbacca||Obi-Wan Kenobi||Yoda|
|B2-RP Rocket Droid||Droideka||B2 Super Battle Droid||Commando Droid|
|Bossk||Count Dooku||Darth Maul||General Grievous|
- Of all the modes that support heroes, Capital Supremacy is the only mode where hero selection is limited to a certain era, that being the Clone Wars.
- Capital Supremacy is very similar to a game mode developed by DICE for their Battlefield series, Titan mode, as seen in Battlefield 2142. Titan mode was later recreated in the Naval Strike DLC expansion pack for Battlefield 4 in the form of Carrier Assault.
- Capital Supremacy was internally referred to as "Titan" in the game's files, which was discovered by dataminers in the Battle of Geonosis Update, another hint at it being similar to Titan mode from Battlefield 2142.
- Capital Supremacy is also somewhat similar to Conquest, a mode present in both the Battlefield series and the original Star Wars: Battlefront games, and Supremacy, a mode in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront.
- Capital Supremacy was originally slated for a release sometime in the fall of 2018, but was delayed to a release in February 2019 with the Battle of Geonosis Update taking its place in the fall. In February, however, it was announced that the mode was being delayed again to an update in March in order to keep the quality of the mode high.
- Prior to the release of Capital Supremacy, Naboo and Tatooine were datamined as potential maps for Capital Supremacy. Naboo was added to Capital Supremacy in June, but it is currently unknown if Tatooine will be arriving sometime later.
- The "Supremacy," or ground, phase of Capital Supremacy can be played exclusively in a separate offline single-player mode called Instant Action starting in September.
- The Roger Roger Update slightly changed the ground phase and completely changed the ship phase objectives. The update changed the ground phase to focus on increasing percentage rather than tickets. The ship phase was overhauled completely: rather than overriding one of two systems within the capital ship, the attackers have to secure one of two Command Posts, and rather than arming two objectives for detonation, the attackers have to destroy objectives using their blasters and other disposal weapons on one side of the capital ship. The ship phase was also changed to be time-based, giving attackers five minutes by default, instead of ticket-based.
September 5, 2019 server-side update
- Reduced respawn timer to 7 seconds.
- Ground Phase progress is now measured by completion percentage instead of ticket number.
- A timer has been added to the Capital Ship phase of Capital Supremacy, replacing the ticket counter, giving players a limited amount of time to destroy it before the action returns to the ground. Players will need to capture one of the first two objectives, before proceeding to destroying the enemy target.
June 27, 2019 server-side update
- To fix a crash that occurred on the map Naboo: Theed, during the ground-ship transition phase:
- Increased tickets required on the ground phase from 50 to 100
- Reduced bomb timer to 20 seconds, down from 100
- Ticket bonus for boarding is now up to 3 per boarding player, up from 1
- Added the map Naboo: Theed to Capital Supremacy.
- Added the map Kamino: Cloning Facility to Capital Supremacy.
- Added the map Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach to Capital Supremacy.
- Added selectable tile for Capital Supremacy in the Assault game mode category
April 4, 2019 server-side update
- Re-enabled AI in Capital Supremacy.
- Added fail-safe scripts to reduce the chances of unreactive spawning when transitioning between Ground and Capital Ship phases in Capital Supremacy.
- Additional server logging has been implemented to further diagnose spawning issues.
- Added tentative fixes for online AI causing server crashes on Capital Supremacy.
- Fixed an issue where players who join an ongoing match would occasionally get no audio during the boarding cinematic in Capital Supremacy.
March 29, 2019 server-side update
- Disabled AI until further notice.
March 29, 2019 server-side update
- Temporarily disabled AI in order to improve game stability.
- Decreased max heroes allowed for each team at any one time from 4 to 2.
March 28, 2019 server-side update
- Lowered boarding time of gunships from 60 sec to 45 sec.
- Increased reinforcements gained upon boarding gunship from 2 to 3.
- B2 Rocket Droid now correctly priced at 1000 Battle Points and B2 Super Battle Droid at 1500.
- Increased max heroes allowed for each team at any one time from 2 to 4.
- ↑ March Community Calendar
- ↑ Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy
- ↑ [The Future of Star Wars Battlefront II | EA Play E3 2018]
- ↑ The Roadmap
- ↑ OUR UPDATED STAR WARS™BATTLEFRONT™ II ROADMAP DETAILS WHAT’S AHEAD
- ↑ Community Transmission: Progress Update on New Mode + Emote Wheel
- ↑ Capital Supremacy Respawn Timer
- ↑ Where are those Droidekas? Deployment - Update 27th June
- ↑ Ben Walke, Community Manager, on Twitter
- ↑ Planned Hotfix
- ↑ Temporary AI removal + Hero Changes
- ↑ Capital Supremacy and Gameplay Tweaks
|V ⋅ T ⋅ E Game Modes in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|
|Singleplayer / Co-op||Arcade ⋅ Campaign ⋅ Instant Action|
|Heroes and Villains||Heroes vs. Villains ⋅ Hero Showdown ⋅ Hero Starfighters|
|Assault||Galactic Assault ⋅ Capital Supremacy ⋅ Starfighter Assault ⋅ Strike/Extraction|
|Operations||Blast ⋅ Co-Op ⋅ Ewok Hunt ⋅ Jetpack Cargo|