Star Wars BattlefrontEdit
Chewbacca is extremely effective in close-quarters, as his Bowcaster bolts have large splash damage. His hero trait, Furious Firing, increases the amount of bolts he can fire from his Bowcaster at any one time from one at the base trait level to four at rank three.
Chewbacca's trait entails more Bowcaster bolts accumulating with each kill.
- Multi-Bolts: Chewbacca's Bowcaster enables the ability to double his amount of bolts he was shooting for a limited time. For example, if Chewbacca at a given time has 4 Bowcaster bolts when this ability is activated, it will double, giving it 8 bolts. Chewbacca's Bowcaster will initially fire 1 bolt, so the ability will make it fire 2.
- Mighty Roar: Upon activation, Chewie leaves a loud roar that gives players around his radius an increased armor rating, suppressing enemy fire, as well as Berserker trait rank 3 giving a 50% blaster damage bonus while hip-firing.
- Ground Slam: Releases a ground slam which causes enemy players to die within his radius upon impact and stuns villains. Note that Chewbacca will briefly become immobile, and susceptible to enemy fire.
- Chewbacca's Bowcaster - Cut the damage against AT-AT's by 75%.
Star Wars Battlefront IIEdit
- "Chewbacca uses his Bowcaster to fire charged shots at his enemies and his physical strength to pummel and smash close targets. He is hardy enough to withstand even the most powerful attacks."
- — In-game Description
Chewbacca is a ferocious hero, and can take on all types of enemy targets. His bowcaster is a hard-hitting weapon, as its able to one-shot any of the default trooper classes depending on where the shots land and how much the bowcaster is charged up. However, it does suffer at range and cannot fire as fast as other blasters.
Although Chewbacca can dish out high damage, he is a very big target due to his size. He also does not have a Star Card to increase his health regeneration, so he is very susceptible to damage. Because of this and with him being more effective at close range engagements, Chewbacca can lose health quickly in situations.
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Chewbacca|
|Health Regen Rate||50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||200|
|Regen Delay||5 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Chewbacca|
|Sprint Speed||7 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||2 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||4.75 meters|
|In-game Description||Chewbacca roars and overcharges his bowcaster, enabling him to fire fully charged shots with no charge time.|
|Damage|| Main: 40-35 (Explosion: 25)|
Scatter: 25-20 (Explosion: 10)
|Rate of Fire||90 RPM|
|Range|| Start damage drop-off: 30 meters (Main), 25 meters (Scatter)|
End damage drop-off: 50 meters(Main, Scatter)
|Heat Per Second||(25 seconds) 0.04 heat increase per second|
|Overheat||(Default max) 10 shots (0.075 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||0.5 seconds|
|In-game Description||Chewbacca throws a grenade which can be broken into a cluster of smaller missiles which electrocute enemies they hit.|
|Ability Duration||0.75 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||15 seconds|
|Effect||Allows Chewbacca to fire fully charged shots instantly|
|Ability Duration|| 25 seconds (Default)|
1.875 seconds reduced per shot
|Ability Cooldown||20 seconds|
|Bonus Health||Echoing Roar||Extended Shock||Charging Frenzy||Multi-Shock|
|Impervious||Shocked And Vulnerable||Slammed||Furious Resilience|
| Wookiee Smuggler|
| Vandor Heist|
|Where's My Medal?||The Wookiee Wins||Laugh It Up, Fuzzball!||This Carpet Shoots Back|
- "If you need to focus on a single target, Chewbacca’s Bowcaster can fire a tighter spread of shots by using the alternate fire."
- — First hint
- "Chewbacca’s Slam can be activated at any time he is charging by repressing the ability button"
- — Second hint
- "Chewbacca’s high survivability and powerful abilities make him great in close quarters engagements"
- — Third hint
- Fixed an issue where Blaster-carrying Heroes would run at the same speed as regular Troopers.
- Chewbacca’s Furious Bowcaster animation has been tweaked:
- Animation was sped up by half a second.
- Chewbacca now goes out of the animation state half a second earlier.
- Removed the additional camera movement during activation.
- Fixed an issue with Chewbacca's Impervious Star Card not stating that the ability resets after the Hero is defeated in a game.
- Health on Kill Star Card has been replaced with "Impervious". Every time Chewbacca deals a threshold of 200 combined damage with any ability, he gains 2% damage reduction to a maximum. This effect resets after Chewbacca is defeated.
- Increased base health from 650 to 700.
- Increased health regeneration from 150 to 200.
- Fixed an issue where the Multi-Shock Star Card would have no functionality on Epic rarity.
- Fixed an issue where Chewbacca would occasionally be able to use the Slam ability twice, when pressing the ability button at the end of the ability animation.
- Fixed an issue where Chewbacca's Ground Slam ability could defeat an enemy inside the AT-ST or AAT
- Fixed an issue where Chewbacca's Charge Slam could last indefinitely if the player rolled and fired at the same time while the ability was active
- STUN GRENADES can no longer be activated while other abilities are activating
- Stun Grenade - Reduced the shock time from 1.6 to 1 second
- Reduced Bowcaster side projectiles explosive damage from 25 to 21
- Reduced furious Bowcaster side projectiles explosive damage from 12 to 10
- Increased Bowcaster's fire rate from 80 to 90
- Increased Bowcaster's Power increase per second from 0.9 to 2.5
- Increased Bowcaster's number of blaster shot from 1 to 3 on the base power modifier
- The middle grenade of Shock Grenade is fired away from Chewbacca and not towards him
- Increased Charge Slam's radius from 3 to 6
- Multi-Shock Star Card now the correct description
- Multi-Shock Star Card now works as intended
- Bonus Health Star Card now properly reward health bonus
- Enemies defeated by Chewbacca's Charge Slam are now sent flying
- In Star Wars Battlefront, Chewbacca is the only hero to use a Star Card as his primary weapon, that being the Bowcaster.
- Initially, Chewbacca's Mighty Roar was intended to act almost like the Flash Grenade, blurring enemy screens as if scaring them.
|The Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|
|The Rebel Alliance and New Republic|