Star Wars BattlefrontEdit
Chewbacca made his debut in Star Wars Battlefront in the Death Star expansion pack as a Rebel Alliance hero. He is extremely effective in close-quarters, as his Bowcaster bolts have large splash damage. His hero trait, Furious Firing, increases the amount of bolts he can fire from his Bowcaster at any one time.
Chewbacca's trait entails more Bowcaster bolts accumulating with each kill.
- Multi-Bolts: Chewbacca's Bowcaster enables the ability to double his amount of bolts he was shooting for a limited time. For example, if Chewbacca at a given time has 4 Bowcaster bolts when this ability is activated, it will double, giving it 8 bolts. Chewbacca's Bowcaster will initially fire 1 bolt, so the ability will make it fire 2.
- Mighty Roar: Upon activation, Chewie leaves a loud roar that gives players around his radius an increased armor rating, suppressing enemy fire.
- Ground Slam: Releases a ground slam which causes enemy players to die within his radius upon impact. Note that Chewbacca will briefly become immobile, and susceptible to enemy fire.
- Chewbacca's Bowcaster - Cut the damage against AT-AT's by 75%
Star Wars Battlefront II Edit
- "Chewbacca uses his Bowcaster to fire charged shots at his enemies and his physical strength to pummel and smash close targets. He is hardy enough to withstand even the most powerful attacks."
- — In-game Description
Chewbacca is a ferocious hero, and can bash all types of enemy targets. His bowcaster is a hard-hitting weapon, as it's able to one-shot any of the default trooper classes depending on where the shots land and how much the bowcaster is charged up. However, it does suffer at range and cannot fire as fast as other blasters.
Although Chewbacca can dish out high damage, he is a very big target due to his size. He also does not have a way to increase his health regeneration, so he is very susceptible to damage. Because of this and with him being more effective at close range engagements, Chewbacca can lose health quickly in situations.
|Chewbacca Health Statistics|
|Health Regen Rate||50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||150|
|Regen Delay||5 sec|
|Chewbacca Movement Statistics|
|Sprint Speed||7 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||2 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||4.75 meters|
|In-game Description||The bowcaster was a handcrafted projectile weapon commonly used by the Wookiees. While traditional bowcasters fire energized metal quarrels, Chewbacca unconventionally crafted his to fire pure energy.|
|Damage|| Main: 40-35 (Explosion: 25)|
Scatter: 25-20 (Explosion: 10)
|Range|| Start damage drop-off: 30 meters (Main), 25 meters (Scatter)|
End damage drop-off: 50 meters(Main, Scatter)
|Rate of Fire||90 RPM|
|Heat Per Second||(25 seconds) 0.04 heat increase per second|
|Overheat||(Default max) 10 shots (0.075 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||0.5 seconds|
|In-game Description||Chewbacca throws a grenade which can be broken into a cluster of smaller missiles which electrocute enemies they hit.|
|Ability Duration||0.75 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||15 seconds|
Star Cards Edit
Boost Cards Edit
|Bonus Health||Echoing Roar||Extended Shock||Charging Frenzy||Multi-Shock|
|Ground Breaking||Shocked And Vulnerable||Slammed||Furious Resilience|
In-game Hints Edit
- "If you need to focus on a single target, Chewbacca’s Bowcaster can fire a tighter spread of shots by using the alternate fire."
- — First hint
- "Chewbacca’s Slam can be activated at any time he is charging by repressing the ability button"
- — Second hint
- "Chewbacca’s high survivability and powerful abilities make him great in close quarters engagements"
- — Third hint
- In Star Wars Battlefront, Chewbacca is the only hero to use a Star Card as his primary weapon, that being the Bowcaster.
- Initially, Chewbacca's Mighty Roar was intended to act almost like the Flash Grenade, blurring enemy screens as if scaring them.
- In Star Wars Battlefront II, Chewbacca is the only hero that is available for 4,000 battlepoints across all eras in Galactic Assault.