- "Join a squad of four other players and go up against the enemy team of AI opponents. Capture one of the Command Posts to continue the battle into the next phase, and make use of vehicles, reinforcements and heroes to gain the upper hand."
- — In-game Description
Co-Op is a PvE co-op experience in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II where four real, human players play with and against AI-controlled players in large-scale battles with unique scenarios. Players can spawn as reinforcements, heroes, and vehicles to change the tide of battle. Co-Op arrived on September 25, 2019 as part of the Cooperation Update.
Co-Op launched initially featuring only the Clone Wars, but The Rise of Skywalker Update on December 17, 2019 added the First Order–Resistance war to Co-Op and The Age of Rebellion Update on February 26, 2020 added the Galactic Civil War.
In Co-Op, four players team up with each other, as is in traditional co-op modes, to fight alongside with and against teams of AI bots. In addition to standard troopers, players (and AI) can also spawn as reinforcements, heroes, and vehicles. Players can also earn XP and progression for these units. Co-Op features all three eras of Star Wars: the Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, and First Order–Resistance war.
In Co-Op, players can choose their faction to play as and play games in their respective eras. In a game, one team plays an attacking role while the other team plays a defending role, which depends on the map being played on. The attacking team must capture one Command Post in a sector in order to advance to the next sector before time runs out, while the defending team must prevent any of their Command Posts from being captured by the attackers.
The first sector has three (3) or two (2) command posts. Then all sectors after that have two (2) command posts, except for the last sector which has one (1). Only one command post must be captured for the sector to fall. Once a sector falls, the attackers push forward and advance on the map while the defenders are forced to fall back. If the defending team is able to successfully prevent the attackers from taking a sector within their time limit, they win; if the attacking team succeeds in capturing all sectors from the defenders, they win.
- Clone Wars
- First Order–Resistance war
- Galactic Civil War
- Unnamed Maps (Battle on Scarif Update: coming soon)
Note: Some of the units may not be available on every planet.
Galactic Republic Edit
|Jet Trooper||Clone Commando||Wookiee Warrior||ARC Trooper|
|Anakin Skywalker||Chewbacca||Obi-Wan Kenobi||Yoda|
|B2-RP Rocket Droid||Droideka||B2 Super Battle Droid||Commando Droid|
|Bossk||Count Dooku||Darth Maul||General Grievous|
Rebel Alliance Edit
|Scavenged AT-RT||X-34 Landspeeder||74-Z Speeder Bike|
|Ewok Hunter||Wookiee Warrior||Rebel Rocket-Jumper|
|Luke Skywalker||Leia Organa||Han Solo||Lando Calrissian||Chewbacca|
Galactic Empire Edit
|AT-ST||74-Z Speeder Bike|
|Death Trooper||ISB Agent||Imperial Rocket Trooper|
|Darth Vader||Emperor Palpatine||Boba Fett||Bossk||Iden Versio|
|Ovissian Gunner||Caphex Spy||Resistance Rocket-Jumper|
|First Order AT-ST||LIUV|
|First Order Flametrooper||Sith Trooper||First Order Jet Trooper|
|Kylo Ren||Captain Phasma||BB-9E|
- Co-Op is very similar to the PvP mode Turning Point from DICE's Star Wars Battlefront. In Turning Point, a team of attackers would have to capture one control point at a time in order to secure a sector before moving onto the next sector (or set of control points), much like in Co-Op. This is also similar to the Operations mode from DICE's Battlefield 1 and Breakthrough from Battlefield V.
- At its launch, the AI in Co-Op were only able to use Chewbacca, Yoda, Bossk and Darth Maul. This was due to a bug where the post-launch Clone Wars heroes (Grievous, Dooku, Obi-Wan and Anakin) were locked for them. This was patched in the October 2019 Patch.
- Prior to the Another Night on Endor Update, which brought faction selection and defending on these maps, each map had a unique scenario:
- The Republic would attack on Trippa Hive and Tagata.
- The Separatists would attack on Kachirho Beach, Cloning Facility and Theed.
- Added Galactic Civil War era maps and factions.
- AI "Auto Players" can spawn as vehicles.
- Friendly AI "Auto Players" can spawn as allied heroes.
- AI players can now use Droidekas.
- AI Troopers and Reinforcements can now perform melee attacks.
- Fixed an issue that would allow the AI to fire and use their abilities when they should not, such as when evading or being stunned.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause Co-Op players to matchmake on the wrong side or not be able to spawn into the game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause certain AI enemies to suddenly disappear on Co-Op during phase transitions.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap on Co-Op would not indicate squadmates that are spawned on the map and far away from the player.
- Fixed an issue where the timer between phases on Co-Op would disappear if the character went Out-Of-Bounds and returned to the combat area.
- Fixed a visual issue with the mark objective UI overlapping with the Command Post capture progress bar on Co-Op.
- Fixed an issue that would not clear AI players during outros on Co-Op.
- Added information to show what faction a player is matchmaking into in Supremacy and Co-Op.
- Fixed a visual issue where choosing a specific era tile on Co-Op, would show all tiles as searching for a game.
- Fixed an issue where users could not access the social hub from the Co-Op matchmaking menu
- Added First Order–Resistance war era with Ajan Kloss, Jakku, Starkiller Base, and Takodana
- Added new Play Now feature that allows players to select their faction to play as: Galactic Republic, Separatists, Resistance, and First Order
- The AI are now able to use Clone Commandos.
- Faction selection and Defend scenarios added to CO-OP.
- Co-Op is now accessible from the Frontend menu, through a special tile next to Single Player and Multiplayer. Players can then select the faction they want to play as.
- Redesigned the Co-Op in-game scoreboard to focus only on the playing team.
- Fixed an issue with lack of accurate objective messaging during phase shifts on Co-Op.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not show up correctly during the End-Of-Round Scoreboard screen on Co-Op.
- Fixed an issue where 2 players would occasionally spawn in Out-Of-Bounds areas when playing Co-Op on Naboo.
- Balancing and tweaking of several Co-Op maps, such as changing the amount of Command Posts in certain maps and phases.
- Made various balancing changes on various CO-OP maps (Kamino, Felucia, Geonosis). Changes include tweaking AI and human player spawn points, adding props for coverage, adjusting number of Command Posts per phase, adjusting the areas of effect around Command Posts etc.
- Adjusted the spawning rate of enemy Hero AI on CO-OP, by increasing the cooldown in-between spawning.
- Added scoring when completing a phase on CO-OP.
- Fixed an issue that would remove the timer when the player would go in an Out-Of-Bounds area, when playing a CO-OP map.
- Fixed an issue where the intro camera on Naboo and Kamino would occasionally make a jarring movement.
- Fixed an issue where you could get Separatist Announcer VO at the end of a CO-OP game, if you played as a Wookiee Warrior.
- Fixed an issue where all AI heroes would not spawn in, effectively enabling AI control of General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker.
- Different default Appearances have also been set up for the AI on CO-OP and Instant Action
- 212th Attack Battalion Phase 1 for Galactic Republic AI players on Geonosis - CO-OP
- 212th Attack Battalion Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Geonosis - Instant Action
- Default Phase 1 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kamino - CO-OP
- 104th Wolfpack Co. Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kamino - Instant Action
- 41st Elite Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action
- 327th Star Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Felucia - CO-OP and Instant Action
- 501st Legion Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Naboo - CO-OP and Instant Action
- B1 Droid Geonosis appearance for Separatist AI players on Geonosis - CO-OP and Instant Action.
- B1 Droid Jungle appearance for Separatist AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action.
- ↑ Community Transmission - A look ahead at what’s coming in 2019
- ↑ September Community Calendar
- ↑ Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II - The BB Update & Age of Rebellion on the way
- ↑ Missing AI Heroes
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named