- "A swift and agile assassin, the BX-series droid commando specializes in getting up close and personal with their vibrosword."
- — In-game description
The Commando Droid, also known as the BX-series Droid Commando, is the Infiltrator Reinforcement unit for the Separatists in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. It arrived on March 26, 2019 as part of the Capital Supremacy Update.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Commando Droids are advanced, lethal droids on the battlefront. Equipped with a modified E-5 Blaster Rifle for ranged combat, Commando Droids are also armed with vibroswords that are used both in their melee attacks as well as their first ability, Sinister Strikes, inflicting damage to enemies in close quarters in up to three sword strikes, with the final strike being so powerful that it knocks down enemy players, before a cooldown. Commando Droids can also dodge forward and back further than many other units and heroes. The combination of forward speed and vibrosword attacks allows the Commando Droid to strike quickly and evade incoming attacks more effectively. Commando Droids can combine their other two abilities to gain tactical knowledge of the battlefront; upon using Smoke Screen, Commando Droids can conceal themselves and their allies with a smoke grenade, releasing a dense, thick cloud of smoke that also obstructs enemy player's HUDs. Commando Droids also have a Thermal Vision that turns their eyes red and reveals enemy positions to them as well as scramble enemy radars.
Extra: The Commando Droid is one of the fastest reinforcement in the game. And here is why. Using a combination of the forward dash and first vibrosword swing, a Commando Droid is able to travel a great distance in a short amount of time. Repeating this sequence allows for fast travel back to the Battlefront.
Health and Movement[edit | edit source]
|Health Statistics for Commando Droid|
|Health Regen Rate||40 health/sec|
|Regen Delay||6 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Commando Droid|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Cooldown||1.1 seconds per dodge|
|All dodges grant 20% damage reduction throughout the animation|
Weapon[edit | edit source]
|Rate of Fire||240 RPM|
|Damage per Second||120 DPS|
|Range||No damage drop-off|
|Overheat||25 shots (0.04 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||1 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown Delay||5 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown||0.3 heat per second|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|In-game Description||Instantly deploy a thick smoke screen on your position, preventing enemies from seeing you.|
|Effect||Obscures enemy vision|
|Area of Effect||8 meters|
|Ability Duration||7 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||30 seconds
|In-game Description||Integrate battle optics to reveal all enemies in your vicinity.|
|Area of Effect||60 meters|
|Ability Duration||5 seconds|
|Ability Cooldown||30 seconds
|In-game Description||Chain swift strikes with the VIBROSWORD, performing a powerful knockdown on the third and final swing.|
|Damage||67, 67, 87|
+20 on hits from behind
|Effect||Knocks down opponents with the final swing, dealing damage|
|Ability Cooldown||1.25 seconds recharges all three hits
Star Cards[edit | edit source]
Boost Cards[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
In-game Hints[edit | edit source]
- "When an enemy inside your Commando Droid Smoke Screen gets defeated, you earn bonus score."
- — First hint
- "The Commando Droid uses a swift and deadly vibrosword instead of the normal trooper melee attacks."
- — Second hint
- "You can use either the right ability trigger or the melee input to trigger the Commando Droid vibrosword attack."
- — Third hint
Updates[edit | edit source]
- Reduced E-5 near damage (42->30) since the sword should be the main weapon for close range.
- The Commando Droid AI is now evading by dashing, instead of combat rolling.
- Improved enemy visibility for the Commando Droid's Thermal Vision ability.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Commando Droid to close up to their target by using their Vibrosword, even under the effect of Leia's Flash Grenade or Lando's Smoke Grenade.
- Fixed a visual animation issue where the Commando Droid's leg would be seen sliding when standing up after crouching.
- Community Request: Jump gravity and speed has been improved for Bossk, General Grievous, and the BX Commando Droid.
- Made visual improvements to the Commando Droid's Vibrosword.
- VFX and SFX polish for the Infiltrator Reinforcements' abilities.
- Animation polish for the ARC Trooper and Commando Droid to fix various clipping issues.
- The Commando Droid now deploys a small grenade that enables the smoke effect of the Smoke Screen ability.
- Community Request: Fixed an issue where the Commando Droid's Thermal Vision would occasionally get cancelled when dodging, while the VFX remain on screen.}}
- Raised E-5 end damage (21->30) to increase the weapon's effective range.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Commando Droid actually uses animations from standard living troopers, as opposed to animations that Battle Droids use.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Land: STAP · AAT · MTT Capital ships: Providence-class Dreadnought · Lucrehulk Battleship