|DC-17 Commando Pistol|
|Rate of Fire:||
The DC-17 Hand Blaster, or Commando Pistol, was a heavy blaster pistol wielded by the Jet Troopers of the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. It was a smaller version of the DC-15 blaster, and shared many similarities with the DC-15s Sidearm Blaster used by the Clone Troopers. They were carried in quick-release holsters, and elite clone troopers sometimes wielded dual pistols in battle—a trait reminiscent of Jango Fett himself. Jet Troopers are often stuck in intense situations and they carry a better blaster pistols than most other soldiers. The DC-17 has a higher rate of fire than its predecessors and it is extremely deadly in the hand of a skilled personnel.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The DC-17 hand blaster was most notably used by ARC Trooper Captains, Clone Trooper Commanders, and Clone Jet Troopers.
- The official site incorrectly labeled the DC-15s Sidearm Blaster as a DC-17.
- The DC-17 from Star Wars: Battlefront I resembles the version used by Commander Fordo in the CW cartoon.
- The DC-17 from Star Wars: Battlefront II resembles the version used by Captain Rex from TCW cartoon.
- Originally the Battlefront II version of the Commando Pistol was meant to be the Clone Wars version, however in a late 2011 edit to the Battlefront II site it was changed to be the TCW version. The information is no longer there, and the site appears to have been reverted to it's 2008 version.