- "Darth Maul uses his expert lightsaber skills and aggressive Force powers to quickly assault and overrun the enemy, one at a time."
- — In-game Description
- "Darth Maul's intimidating appearance and brutal elegance in battle strike fear into the hearts of even the bravest foes. Deadly and agile, Maul quickly closes the gap, striking with unrelenting speed."
- — Battlefront II website
A combination of fast slashes, dangerous abilities and incredible speed make Darth Maul the ultimate aggressive attacker. Players are advised to strike quickly and remain on the move, when picking this Sith Apprentice. On April 24, 2019, the Giants Above Kachirho Update saw Maul finally receive a block against lightsabers and blaster fire.
Maul's first ability, Furious Throw, sees him hurl his lightsaber straight ahead of him, damaging all enemies it touches before it returns to his hand. Prior to the June 11th Patch, Maul threw his lightsaber vertically as opposed to the horizontal method he employs now. Maul's Furious Throw gives him a ranged attack that he can use to take out troublesome enemies form afar. Due to the precision it requires to be effective though, this ability should be reserved for times when Darth Maul is only facing one or a few enemy units. If he misses, he will have to wait for the ability to recharge before he can use it again. He is also defenseless when his lightsaber is in the air.
With his second ability, Choke Hold, Maul chokes a few enemies at close range before sending them flying to the ground. This ability is limited to his immediate line of sight and its range is also limited, so it is advised that players position themselves wisely before using it. Maul will also be momentarily defenseless and unmoving when using this ability. However, if enemies lie within the range of this ability, its affect can be devastating. It is usually non-lethal on enemies with full health, but surviving units can be mowed down quickly with a Spin Attack or a Furious Throw. There is no limit to the number of enemies Darth Maul can choke, so it is possible to rack up a large number of Battle Points by using this ability in the right position.
His third ability sees him enter into a high velocity lightsaber Spin Attack, cutting down enemies in his path as he leaps forward. This ability can be used in rapid succession at least two times before going into cooldown. Not only can Darth Maul use his Spin Attack to launch himself at an enemy, but it can also be used to make a hasty retreat if under fire. Although the Spin Attack deals quite a bit of damage, it does not often kill enemy units and additional attacks may be required. That said, the Spin Attack can be very effective against a large cluster of enemies, as it can deal damage to all of them simultaneously, leaving them vulnerable to a few quick strikes from Darth Maul's lightsaber. The Spin Attack will also deflect incoming laser bolts when used.
|Hero Level||Reward Upon Reaching Level||XP to Complete Level||Total Skill Points|
|2|| 1 Skill Point|
Lightsaber Defense becomes available
Thrown To Slow becomes available
|3||1 Skill Point||10,200||2|
|4||1 Skill Point||10,540||3|
|5|| 1 Skill Point|
Ranged Throw becomes available
Fool Me Once becomes available
|6||1 Skill Point||11,400||5|
|7||1 Skill Point||11,836||6|
|8||1 Skill Point||12,280||7|
|9||1 Skill Point||12,736||8|
|10|| 1 Skill Point|
Forceful Thrust becomes available
|11||1 Skill Point||17,203||10|
|12|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Rare
|13||1 Skill Point||18,123||12|
|14||1 Skill Point||18,590||13|
|15|| 1 Skill Point|
Flow Motion becomes available
Savage becomes available
|16||1 Skill Point||19,540||15|
|17||1 Skill Point||20,023||16|
|18||1 Skill Point||20,510||17|
|19||1 Skill Point||21,003||18|
|20|| 1 Skill Point|
Accelerated Throw becomes available
Unrolled Grip becomes available
|21||1 Skill Point||22,003||20|
|22||1 Skill Point||22,510||21|
|23||1 Skill Point||23,023||22|
|24||1 Skill Point||23,540||23|
|25|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Epic
|26-37||1 Skill Point per level||24,417||36|
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Darth Maul|
|Health Regen Rate||50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||250|
|Regen Delay||5 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Darth Maul|
|Sprint Speed||8 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||10 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||5.5 meters|
|In-game Description||Darth Maul hurls his lightsaber, damaging all enemies it touches.|
|Area of Effect|| 20 meters
|Ability Cooldown|| 8 seconds
|In-game Description||Darth Maul uses the Force to choke his enemies before throwing them to the ground.|
|Area of Effect|| 15 meters
|Ability Cooldown|| 18 seconds
|In-game Description||Darth Maul leaps forward, executing a high-velocity lightsaber spin attack.|
|Effect|| Deflects blasters while dealing damage
|Area of Effect||15 meters|
|Ability Cooldown|| 5 seconds per charge
|Lightsaber Defense||Thrown To Slow||Ranged Throw||Fool Me Once||Forceful Thrust|
|Flow Motion||Savage||Accelerated Throw||Unrolled Grip|
Victory Poses Edit
|No Match for Me||Revenge Taken||Unrelenting||Sith Lord|| Vigilant|
- "Darth Maul’s Furious Throw deals damage to enemies on its return."
- — First hint
- "Darth Maul’s Choke Hold can be used to throw enemies from ledges."
- — Second hint
- "Maul is most effective when on the move, hitting his enemies and keeping mobile"
- — Third hint
Emotes and QuotesEdit
- "At last I will have my revenge."
- — First Emote
- "I sense your fear."
- — Second Emote
- "The Sith are all-powerful!"
- — Third Emote
- "You are no match for me."
- — Fourth Emote
- — Fifth Emote (Event emote; complete "Exact Revenge" timed challenge during October 16-, 2019 special event)
- — Voice Over
- — Upon using Spin Attack
- — Upon using Spin Attack
- "You are helpless."
- — Upon using Choke Hold
- "Such weak flesh!"
- — Upon using Choke Hold
- "Choke in my grasp!"
- — Upon using Choke Hold
- — Upon using Furious Throw
- "Such a waste."
- — Upon using Furious Throw
- — In-game
- Sam Witwer, voice of Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars Battlefront and the voice of Maul in Star Wars the Clone Wars & Star Wars Rebels, returns to voice Darth Maul in Battlefront II.
- A feature in Star Wars Battlefront II makes lightsaber attacks visible like they are in the movies as glowing streaks on solid surfaces such as floors or walls. This is most visible when Darth Maul uses his Furious Throw on an enemy directly in front of him, leaving a bright orange line along the floor as his saber spins towards its unfortunate victim. This is a completely aesthetic feature and does not damage the map.
- His lightsaber swing speed is the fastest in the game, almost swinging twice in every second (1.9 swings/second).
- Although technically affiliated with the Separatists faction in-game, Darth Maul was never a Separatist in the canon lore, but in fact was an enemy of both the Separatists and the Galactic Republic.
- In his only Skywalker saga movie appearance, The Phantom Menace, Darth Maul was working with the Trade Federation. When the Trade Federation later secretly joined the Separatists, Darth Maul no longer worked with them due to his defeat by Obi-Wan Kenobi at the end of the film and his presumed death.
- Health on Kill Star Card "Wrathful" has been replaced with "Savage".
- Old Star Card Name: Wrathful
- Old Star Card Description: Whenever Darth Maul defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.
- Old Star Card Stats: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 Health regained upon defeating enemy hero
- FURIOUS THROW base damage increased from 75 to 85 points.
- Fixed an issue where FURIOUS THROW could do double damage on its way back to player.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul's CHOKE HOLD would occasionally do no damage when used at the same time as Kylo Ren's FREEZE.
- Players who helped contribute to the July 2019 Community Quests received the 'Vigilant' victory pose and 'Kenobi' voice line, respectively.
- Fixed an issue for Furious Throw where the lightsaber could get stuck in the AT-TE, E-Web, DF9, Hardcell or AAT vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul's Spin Attack ability continued to affect enemies if Darth Maul died during the animation.
- Darth Maul now throws his lightsaber horizontally instead of vertically, creating a much wider hit-box for his attack. The Furious Throw ability base damage is now reduced from 150 to 75 to balance the ability’s improved accuracy. Improved VFX and Animation related to the ability.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Darth Maul from blocking, when under Obi-Wan’s Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
- Added the ability to block for Darth Maul.
- Heroes with longer-lasting abilities will now not be interrupted by opponents using Force powers. This applies to Darth Maul's Choke Hold.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Vader's and Darth Maul's Lightsabers would get stuck spinning when thrown against an enemy turret.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent multiple Lightsaber Hero abilities from inflicting damage to the Officer's turret. This applies to Darth Maul's Spin Attack.
- Fixed an issue that would show the wrong area of effect when performing Darth Maul's Choke Hold ability.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul's Choke Hold ability would occasionally be inaccurately activated from a distance when being used at the same time as another Hero's ability.
- Added stamina costs to Darth Maul's attacks.
- Increased Darth Maul's Lightsaber damage from 100 to 120 points. Attack from behind bonus damage was increased from 20 to 30 points.
- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren's Pull and Darth Maul's Choke Hold abilities would occasionally activate twice when an enemy is in the same place, as the last time the abilities were used.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul would be unable to cast any ability except Choke Hold, when being pushed while using the Spin Attack ability.
- Fixed several issues with abilities not always registering due to map geometry factors thereby improving the reliability of Maul's CHOKE HOLD.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul's "Choke" ability would occasionally throw opponents in the opposite direction.
- Replaced the star card FRANTIC STRIKES with the star card WRATHFUL, which grants Maul Health when he defeats an enemy.
- Fixed several issues with the Saber Throw ability:
- If used in Arcade with no cooldown, the ability doesn't work until the regular cooldown is over.
- Implemented new collision detection mechanics, so that Saber Throw will more reliably hit targets.
- Fixed an issue where Maul’s saber would deactivate when colliding with level geometry, causing it to not hit targets at the end of the throw or on the return.
- The SABER THROW ability should now be more reliable than ever and will connect properly with its target.
- The FOOL ME ONCE Star Card now applies the proper bonuses.
- Furious Throw can now damage objectives and vehicles.