| Droid Starfighter|
(Vulture-class droid starfighter)
Fighter (BFI) Starfighter (BFII)
The Droid Starfighter, commonly referred to as the Vulture Droid or simply Vulture, is the basic starfighter for the CIS in Pandemic Studios' Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II. Its equivalent is the Galactic Republic's ARC-170 Starfighter.
The Droid Starfighter has average health and mobility, allowing it to attack both enemy fighters and capital ships. The player can accelerate the fighter's speed similar to a soldier by pressing the sprint button. Performing this and evasive maneuvers consumes stamina, so use them wisely.
In both games, the Droid Starfighter's primary attack deals low damage per shot with a very high rate of fire, similar to the basic fighters of the other three factions. This allows the fighter to more easily hit enemies, but makes it harder to finish them off.
In the second game, Droid Starfighters have a second ability: proton torpedoes. This damage-dealing ordinance is fired in sets of two and is perfect for weakening critical systems of capital ships or destroying enemy fighters, excelling at the latter.
|Laser Cannon||Infinite Shots|
|Laser Cannon||Infinite Shots|
|Proton Torpedos||Infinite Count|
- All Separatist space battles
- The Vulture Class droid starfighter is a unmanned ship in the SW universe, but is a manned ship in Star Wars Battlefront, for gameplay purposes. It's possible the CIS made a pilotable variation
- The ship has three common names: Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid Mark I, Droid starfighter, and Vulture-class Starfighter.
- In Star Wars Episode III the Droid Starfighter shoots buzz droid missiles, but in Star Wars Battlefront 2 it is armed with proton torpedoes instead.
- The Droid Starfighter is the CIS's only ship in Coruscant Space - A Desperate Rescue, this also applies to Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron.
- The Droid Starfighter is the most maneuverable Starfighter out of the four factions Starfighters, due to its size and its primary weapon has the highest rate of fire.
- In Battlefront 1 the Vulture lands incorrectly, since the Vulture switches to walker mode when landing, this is corrected in Battlefront 2.
- Oddly enough, the droid starfighter will enter its walk mode when landed but it can't move, likely beacuse it is not a ground vehicle but rather, it is counted as a starfighter.
- Back to Vehicles
| The Confederacy of Independent Systems |
|Separatist Units||Super Battle Droid · Assault Droid · Assassin Droid · Engineer Droid · MagnaGuard · Droideka ·|
|Customisable Parts||Battle Droid MK II · Battle Droid MK III · Super Battle Droid MK II · Super Battle Droid MK III · Super Magna Guard · IG Lancer Combat Droid · Pollux Assassin Droid · Battle Droid Commander|
|Land Vehicles||Spider Walker · Armored Tank Droid · AAT · Hailfire Droid · STAP · Droid Starfighter · Droid Assault Flyer|
|Space Vehicles||Droid Starfighter · CIS Strike Bomber · Droid Tri-Fighter · Droid Gunship · Banking Clan Comms Ship ·|