Geonosis is a planet featured in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. A map set on Geonosis, Trippa Hive, arrived in Galactic Assault on November 28, 2018 as part of the Battle of Geonosis Update. Another map set on Geonosis, Pipeline Junction West, was released on March 26 as part of Capital Supremacy in the Capital Supremacy Update. Geonosis was the site of the first battle of the Clone Wars, the Battle of Geonosis.
Geonosis is a desert planet located deep in the Outer Rim Territories of the galaxy. It is the homeworld of the Geonosians, an incredibly productive bug species known for being experts on weapons design. Geonosis was home to droid foundries that manufactured the Battle Droids used by the Separatists, whom they had joined, in the Clone Wars, and it was the Geonosians that designed the original blueprints to the Death Star. Geonosis was a battleground between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists multiple times. The planet and its people were eventually sterilized by the Galactic Empire to keep the Death Star project secret.
Maps and modesEdit
The following is a list of maps that are set on Geonosis and the modes that they can be played in:
- Trippa Hive
- Pipeline Junction West
- Unlike other locations, Geonosis was designed with Capital Supremacy in mind rather than Galactic Assault.
- Geonosis is the first location in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II to feature two large-scale maps.
- Added Pipeline Junction West map.
- Added Trippa Hive map.
- Geonosis on Wookieepedia
- ↑ THE PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE OF STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ II: New Clone Wars era content is coming starting this fall, including Geonosis, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and General Grievous
- ↑ The Future of Star Wars Battlefront II | EA Play E3 2018
- ↑ The Roadmap
- ↑ AUGUST UPDATE: THE STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ II ROADMAP
- ↑ F8RGE's Compiled Comments from Discord
- ↑ Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy