A map set on Geonosis, Trippa Hive, was added on November 28, 2018 as part of the Battle of Geonosis Update and could be played in Galactic Assault. Another map set on Geonosis, Pipeline Junction West, was released several months later on March 26, 2019 as part of the Capital Supremacy Update and could be played in Capital Supremacy.
Geonosis is a desert planet located deep in the Outer Rim Territories of the galaxy. It is the homeworld of the Geonosians, an incredibly productive bug species known for being experts on weapons design. Geonosis was home to droid foundries that manufactured the Battle Droids used by the Separatists, whom they had joined, in the Clone Wars, and it was the Geonosians that designed the original blueprints to the Death Star. Geonosis was a battleground between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists multiple times. The planet and its people were eventually sterilized by the Galactic Empire to keep the Death Star project secret.
Maps and modesEdit
The following is a list of maps that are set on Geonosis and the modes that they can be played in:
- Trippa Hive
- Pipeline Junction West
- Unlike other locations, Geonosis was designed with Capital Supremacy in mind rather than Galactic Assault.
- Geonosis is the first location in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II to feature two large-scale maps.
- Trippa Hive playable in new offline mode Co-Op.
- Pipeline Junction West playable in new offline mode Instant Action.
- Added Pipeline Junction West map.
- Added Trippa Hive map.
- Geonosis on Wookieepedia
- ↑ THE PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE OF STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ II: New Clone Wars era content is coming starting this fall, including Geonosis, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and General Grievous
- ↑ The Future of Star Wars Battlefront II | EA Play E3 2018
- ↑ The Roadmap
- ↑ AUGUST UPDATE: THE STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ II ROADMAP
- ↑ F8RGE's Compiled Comments from Discord
- ↑ Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy