There five different types of HAADs. The last three only appear in Star Wars: Battlefront II, and aren't found as often.
- Blue, transparent cylinder: a bacta tank that replenishes health if it is run over by a unit that doesn't have 100% health.
- White/red, opaque box: an ammo container that replenishes ammo if it is run over by a unit that has reloaded.
- Yellow, transparent cylinder: an Energy replenisher that completely fills the Energy bar if it is run over by a unit that does not have a full Energy bar.
- Green, transparent cylinder: an item that grants the user a temporary Rally bonus, reducing damage taken.
- Red, transparent cylinder: an item that grants the user a temporary Rage bonus, increasing damage dealt.
There is no real tactical application of dropped HAADs except to use them as much as possible to gain an advantage over enemies. If a lucky unit finds an ammo drop, they should use a weapon that has a low clip or ammo size, such as the Rocket Launcher or area buffs. If in Multiplayer, however, it is common courtesy to leave HAADs to those who really need them. The Engineer classes are essential for supporting their teams in combat.
- HAADs are sometimes called "snack packs" by Battlefront players.