- This page is about the game mode in DICE's series. For the game mode in Pandemic's Star Wars: Battlefront II, see Hero Assault.
Star Wars Battlefront IIEdit
In Battlefront II, Heroes vs. Villains features a team of four heroes against a team of four villains as they try to deplete the opposing team's reinforcement count to zero. Both teams start with 35 points and every time a player is eliminated, their team loses one point. The goal is to completely drain the enemy team's reinforcement count by eliminating their heroes. When a player is eliminated, they can immediately respawn as a hero, as long as that hero is not already being played by another player.
Prior to the Siege of Kamino Update, Heroes vs. Villains used a "target system." Periodically throughout the round, one random living player would be designated as a "VIP" or target. In order to score a point, each team had to hunt down and eliminate the opposing team's target while protecting their own. The team that was able to eliminate the other's target first would gain a point. After that, new targets would be assigned and the cycle would repeat. The first team to earn 10 points would win.
Heroes vs. Villains can be played in the following map order in Battlefront II:
- Ajan Kloss: The Klosslands
- Kamino: Cloning Facility
- Felucia: Tagata
- Tatooine: Mos Eisley
- Naboo: Theed Hangar
- Hoth: Outpost Delta
- Takodana: Maz's Castle
- Death Star II: Command Sector North
- Yavin 4: The Great Temple
- Starkiller Base: Command Center
- Endor: Research Station 9
- Naboo: Venator-class Star Destroyer
- Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach
- Jakku: The Graveyard
- Geonosis: Providence-class Dreadnought
- Bespin: Administrator's Palace
- Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
- Kessel: Coaxium Mine
- Takodana: MC85 Star Cruiser
- Geonosis: Trippa Hive
- Jakku: Resurgent-class Star Destroyer
- Crait: Abandoned Rebel Outpost
- Scarif: Scarif Beach
- Overhauled mechanics: replaced "target system" with collective "team eliminations system" similar to Blast.
- Fixed issues that allowed multiple players to spawn with the same Hero in Heroes Vs. Villains. Among other fixes, the "Change Character" button is now immediately unavailable after a death to prevent this.
Star Wars Battlefront Edit
This game mode features all hero and villain characters from the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire. Teams of six must keep their three heroes or villains (four in the Outer Rim variant) alive while eliminating the enemy heroes or villains of the other team. The heroes or villains are supported by infantry. For heroes and villains that have bodyguards, they are limited to two spawns only.
This game mode is round-based. The first team to win five rounds will win the match. During the game, players play either as a hero, a villain, or a soldier on the battlefield as they try to destroy the enemy team's heroes or villains. Whenever a player playing as a hero or villain dies, they respawn as a soldier. The first team to defeat the enemy team's heroes or villains earns a point. Each round swaps out those who play as a hero or villain and a soldier.
There is a timer that is present throughout the game mode. The timer for the players choosing of a character lasts for 30 seconds, after which the game will automatically assign you one if you have not chosen a character. The time to kill the enemy team is a total of 3 minutes. The first team to kill all of the enemy heroes/villains will win. If the three minutes is up and there are still heroes and villains left on both sides, the round will end and whichever side has the most characters remaining will win. If the teams have an equal amount of heroes left the 3 minutes, the round will be considered a draw.
Heroes vs. Villains can be played on the following maps in Battlefront:
- Endor: Imperial Station
- Endor: Swamp Crash Site
- Hoth: Ice Caves
- Hoth: Rebel Base
- Hoth: Twilight on Hoth
- Jakku: Goazon Badlands
- Tatooine: Dune Sea Exchange
- Tatooine: Jabba's Palace (Outer Rim DLC)
- Tatooine: Jawa Refuge
- Tatooine: Palace Garage (Outer Rim DLC)
- Tatooine: Raider Camp
- Tatooine: Rebel Depot
- Sullust: Imperial Hangar
- Sullust: SoroSuub Refinery (Outer Rim DLC)
- Sullust: SoroSuub Pipelines (Outer Rim DLC)
- Sullust: Sulfur Fields
|Game Modes of Star Wars Battlefront|
Note: Superscripts denote game modes locked to expansion packs.
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIGame Modes in|