|IFT-X (TX-130 Sabre Tank)|
1 Pilot, 1 Gunner
The IFT-X was a tank seen during the Clone Wars used by the Galactic Republic. Nicknamed 'The Jedi Starfighter of the Ground'. IFT-Xs were often employed by both the Jedi Council and the Republic; The latter able to make the use of its deft agility to avoid counter-attack and respond in like-fashion with its firepower. However, in their transition into the Galactic Empire, a majority of the TX-130s have been requisitioned to be used as a quick armored response to insurgency, designated as the IFT-T.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
As the counterpart to the Trade Federation's AAT, both fighter tanks feature similar weapons operated by the pilot, but the IFT-X uses a beam turret.
Skilled pilots can use their superior maneuverability to dodge incoming rocket fire and keep at a safe distance with the range of their powerful cannons and missiles. The beam turret is a weaker choice against vehicles so the driver should use their missiles against enemy armor.
While tough, the gunner is exposed to enemy fire and the rear door can be struck for extra damage by a shrewd enemy.
Attacks (SWBFII)[edit | edit source]
|Blaster Cannon||Infinite Shots|
|Beam Cannon||Infinite Shots|
|Concussion Missiles||2 (Unlimited Reserves)|
Attacks (SWBFI)[edit | edit source]
|Laser Cannon||Infinite Shots|
|Beam Cannon||Infinite Shots|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Star Wars: Battlefront this tank has blue beamed laser cannons but in Star Wars: Battlefront II the tank has red beamed laser cannons.
- The TX-130 series are one of the few to feature moving parts when moving. Which can be observed when moving forwards or sideways.
- AI operating the beam cannon seem to have limited targeting abilities and will only fire on enemy vehicles and the Droideka.
- Despite being used as a weapon by the Jedi in the lore, none of the Heroes can use these fighter tanks.
- This tank originally made its debut in the novel Boba Fett: Crossfire but its first game appearance was in the 2002 Clone Wars video game. In the Clone Wars the hatch cannon isn't present which would later be added in Battlefront & Battlefront II.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
- Mygeeto: War-Torn City
- Kashyyyk: Beachhead
- Kashyyyk: Docks
- Yavin 4: Arena
- Yavin 4: Temple
- Geonosis: Dust Plains (XL and CTF)
- Tatooine: Dune Sea
- Rhen Var: Harbour
- Utapau - Underground Ambush (501st Journal ending)
- Naboo: Plains
- Naboo: Theed
Links[edit | edit source]
Back to Vehicles
| The Galactic Republic |
|Rebublic Units||Clone Trooper · Heavy Trooper · Clone Sharpshooter · Clone Engineer · Clone Commander · Jet Trooper ·|
|Customisable Units||Clone Commando · Clone Commander Neyo · Clone Commander Cody · AT-RT Driver · Clone Commander Bacara|
|Land Vehicles||AT-TE · AT-RT · IFT-X · A5-RX Battle Tank · BARC Speeder · 74-Z Speeder Bike · LA-AT Gunship · Republic Starfighter|
|Space Vehicles||ARC-170 Starfighter · V-Wing · Republic Interceptor · LA-AT Gunship · Acclamator-class Assault Ship · Victory II-class Frigate · Republic Attack Cruiser|