Instant Action is an upcoming offline singleplayer game mode in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II that will feature large-scale battles with AI troopers, vehicles, and heroes. It is a recreation of the original Instant Action from Pandemic Studios' Star Wars: Battlefront series. Initially, Instant Action will only support the Clone Wars era. Instant Action will be arriving to Battlefront II on September 25, 2019 as part of the Cooperation Update.
In Instant Action, the player will fight alongside a team of AI bots against another team of AI bots. The AI can spawn as troopers, reinforcements, vehicles, and heroes and will be able to use their unique abilities. Both teams will fight for majority control over five Command Posts scattered across planetary battlegrounds. Command Posts controlled by the the player's team can be spawned on. The team that controls a majority of the Command Posts will earn score and the first team to reach a score of 100% wins.
At launch, Instant Action will not support local split screen due to technical limitations.
At launch, Instant Action can be played on the following maps:
- Geonosis: Pipeline Junction West
- Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach
- Kamino: Cloning Facility
- Naboo: Theed
- Felucia: Tagata (coming in the Cooperation Update)
Units available Edit
Units, that are available on Instant Action:
- Unlike the Instant Action in Pandemic's series, where players could choose to play from multiple game modes, DICE's version of Instant Action is itself a game mode; in other words, it only allows players to play that one game mode.
- Instant Action is essentially the ground phase of the multiplayer game mode Capital Supremacy, slightly reworked, and uses the same maps as Capital Supremacy.
- To be added.
- ↑ Community Transmission - A look ahead at what’s coming in 2019
- ↑ September Community Calendar
- ↑ Comment by user F8RGE on Reddit. "Yes" (Image) (Source)
- ↑ Comment by user F8RGE on Reddit. "Yes, there are a few options." (Image) (Source)
- ↑ Tweet by Dennis Brännvall (@DICE_FireWall). "Instant Action will unfortunately not support local splitscreen at release. The reason being is that we have to ensure we're hitting our performance targets on all platforms, with the amount of AI running around fighting while being hosted on your own machines." (Image) (Source)