- "Single player epic battles against AI opponents offline. Take control over a majority of Command Posts to gain reinforcements and defeat the enemy team."
- — In-game Description
Instant Action is an offline singleplayer game mode in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II that features large-scale battles with AI troopers, reinforcements, and heroes. It is a recreation of the original Instant Action from Pandemic Studios' Star Wars: Battlefront series. Instant Action currently only supports the Clone Wars era, but will expand to the First Order–Resistance war in January 2020.
In Instant Action, the player fights alongside a team of AI bots against another team of AI bots. The AI can spawn as troopers, reinforcements, and heroes and are able to use their unique abilities. Both teams fight for majority control over five Command Posts scattered across planetary battlegrounds. Command Posts controlled by the the player's team can be spawned on. The team that controls a majority of the Command Posts will earn score and the first team to reach a score of 100% wins.
Players on PC are able to select up to 32 AI for each side, though this feature is not currently available for console players. Similar to Arcade, players are able to customize some parameters for Instant Action. Battle Point costs for a lot of units are also lower than they are for Capital Supremacy. Instant Action currently does not support local split screen due to technical limitations.
Instant Action can be played on the following maps:
- Felucia: Tagata
- Geonosis: Pipeline Junction West
- Kashyyyk: Kachirho Beach
- Kamino: Cloning Facility
- Naboo: Theed
- Ajan Kloss: The Klosslands (coming January 2020)
- Jakku: The Graveyard (coming January 2020)
- Takodana: Maz's Castle (coming January 2020)
Units available to the Galactic Republic separated by unit type (vehicle, trooper, hero) and their corresponding Battle Point cost. On Kamino, AT-RT, BARC Speeder, and TX-130 are unavailable. AT-TE is only available on Felucia, without any Battlepoints and spawned in-game.
|Jet Trooper||Clone Commando||Wookiee Warrior||ARC Trooper|
|Anakin Skywalker||Chewbacca||Obi-Wan Kenobi||Yoda|
|B2-RP Rocket Droid||Droideka||B2 Super Battle Droid||Commando Droid|
|Bossk||Count Dooku||Darth Maul||General Grievous|
|Ovissian Gunner||Caphex Spy||Resistance Rocket-Jumper|
|First Order AT-ST|
|First Order Flametrooper||Sith Trooper||First Order Jet Trooper|
|Kylo Ren||Captain Phasma||BB-9E|
- Unlike the Instant Action in Pandemic's series, where players could choose to play from multiple game modes, DICE's version of Instant Action is itself a game mode; in other words, it only allows players to play that one game mode.
- Instant Action is essentially the ground phase of the multiplayer game mode Capital Supremacy, slightly reworked, and uses the same maps as Capital Supremacy.
- Although it was announced that Instant Action would include AI-controlled vehicles at launch, EA DICE had to delay this feature for a future update.
unnamed January 2020 Update
- Fixed an issue where all AI heroes would not spawn in, effectively enabling AI control of General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker.
- Different default Appearances have also been set up for the AI on CO-OP and Instant Action
- 212th Attack Battalion Phase 1 for Galactic Republic AI players on Geonosis - CO-OP
- 212th Attack Battalion Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Geonosis - Instant Action
- Default Phase 1 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kamino - CO-OP
- 104th Wolfpack Co. Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kamino - Instant Action
- 41st Elite Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action
- 327th Star Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Felucia - CO-OP and Instant Action
- 501st Legion Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Naboo - CO-OP and Instant Action
- B1 Droid Geonosis appearance for Separatist AI players on Geonosis - CO-OP and Instant Action.
- B1 Droid Jungle appearance for Separatist AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action.
- ↑ Community Transmission - A look ahead at what’s coming in 2019
- ↑ Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ September Community Calendar
- ↑ Tweet by Manuel S. Llanes (@aeonstream). "Soon TM" (Image) (Source)
- ↑ Comment by user F8RGE on Reddit. "Yes" (Image) (Source)
- ↑ Tweet by Dennis Brännvall (@DICE_FireWall). "Instant Action will unfortunately not support local splitscreen at release. The reason being is that we have to ensure we're hitting our performance targets on all platforms, with the amount of AI running around fighting while being hosted on your own machines." (Image) (Source)
- ↑ Comment by user F8RGE on Reddit. "Common Questions since Commando Day" (Image) (Source)