The Jawas are a faction of NPCs comprised of Jawas featured in Pandemic's Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II. They roam Mos Eisley building and fixing turrets, medical droids, and ammo droids. If killed, they are considered as a team kill. They are also a playable faction available the Hunt mode for Battlefront II, where they battle against the Tusken Raiders on Tatooine: Mos Eisley.
In the Hunt mode for Battlefront II, Jawas are armed with a weapon that behaves like an ARC Caster. They are also armed with a fusion cutter. Because of how the ARC Caster behaves, Jawas are able to effectively combat the Tusken Raiders.
Despite their short stature, Jawas are very powerful with their ARC caster weapon. When facing a Jawa as a Tusken Raider in close-quarters, the player is generally at a disadvantage due to the homing and stunning effect of the Jawa's ARC caster weapon, so keeping distance and sniping the Jawas using the Tusken Hunter unit is generally the best move.
Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) Edit
|Ionisation Blaster||Infinite Shots|
|Fusion Cutter||Infinite Use|
- Using the code 'Jub Jub' (Capital J), as a profile name in Star Wars Battlefront I, your units (except the Droideka), will use the Ewok / Jawa skeleton, this leads them to be much smaller than usual.
- While they are seen carrying around their ion blasters, they do not actually use them to aid any side of the battle on any other game mode other than hunt, where they are hunted.
- In 2-Flag Capture the Flag, Jawas will sometimes randomly take a team's flag and start running around with it.
- However, if the Jawa manages to deliver the flag to other side, the point won't count for any team and the flag will be reset as per usual. Since killing the Jawa while they possess the flag will count as a team kill, it is best to wait until the Jawa has "scored" and then grab the reset flag.
- In Battlefront, they will occasionally heal damaged CIS droid infantry with their fusion cutters, since they are obviously droids.
- The Jawa's fusion cutter is invisible in Star Wars: Battlefront.
- In Battlefront II, if one edits the mission.lvl to allow the Jawa to be playable on a map with vehicles, the Jawa will not automatically heal the vehicle they are in if it is injured despite having a fusion cutter.
- The Jawa's fusion cutter is actually a lot weaker than the standard one in terms of building a turret. It makes up for it by being able to repair health faster.
- Jawa are completely non-hostile towards all factions (except the Tusken Raiders), in all games, and killing them is counted as a friendly fire (in Battlefront, they can be killed even with friendly fire off).
- Back to Factions
| NPC Factions and Units |
|NPC Factions||Anti-Troopers · Jedi Order · Temple Security Force · Royal Naboo Security Force · Wookiees · Gungans · Ewoks · Tusken Raiders|
|NPC Units||Acklay · Wampa · Gammorean · Jawa · Rancor · Geonosian · Sarlacc|
|NPC Heroes||Queen Apailana · Gizor Dellso · Jabba the Hutt · Jedi Hero|