Notable changes and fixes include:
- Fixes to the issue where players will get matched into one team, leaving one team without any players.
- Improvements to Auto Player AI Appearances in Co-Op for the Galactic Civil War.
- Fixed delay which would happen when one attacks right after dodging, most prevalent with lightsaber heroes
- The Auto Players in the Co-Op defense scenario in Tatooine: Jabba's Palace will now take more than one path, instead of using the singular path they took
- AI Ewok Hunters can now use spear melee attacks
Opening comments[edit | edit source]
We are planning to release a small patch this week, which will include fixes for a number of issues as well as a few requested tweaks.
Feedback around our Auto Player AI system has been met with a lot of positivity, but one of the biggest bits of feedback that we’ve received revolves around how the AI look, In this patch we will be implementing a change that will ensure all troopers and heroes are dressed in any planet-specific appearances across the Age of Rebellion planets. Alongside this, we are adding randomization of head options for Officers within Co-Op.
Rounding out the AI tweaks is the ability for Ewok Hunters Auto Players to now perform the spear melee attack.
There are a number of fixes arriving into this update, which include the visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the player damaged UI element. We know you are strong with the Force, but you are not 750,000 pieces of damage strong.
In the Age of Rebellion Update we introduced a change to the Scoreboard which would show the class level of everyone in the match. A visual issue would sometimes occur where all the levels would be based on your own, this has now been fixed.
Within Co-Op we have identified and fixed an issue that would cause the AI to only take one route on Jabba’s Palace. Once the patch arrives the AI will now take multiple routes, meaning you can no longer sit at one doorway while defending.
A couple of matchmaking issues have also been addressed, starting with a fix that will address the problem that would occasionally cause a game server to place everyone onto the same team. We once again thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you on the battlefront.
The Star Wars Battlefront II Team
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the Play Any button would not be able to matchmake into a game.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause a game server to matchmake players into the same team.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally lead players to be matchmade into opposing teams when transitioning to a new round of Co-Op.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the AI opponents to only take one path on Jabba’s Palace - Co-Op Defend.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a delay when attacking after evading.
- Set up planet-specific appearances for Heroes and Troopers on the Age Of Rebellion maps.
- Added randomization of head options for Officers controlled by AI.
- Fixed an issue where the AI Officers on Hoth would show up with wrong names.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Yoda to be occasionally invincible against certain opponents.
- Added more info to show how to unlock certain weapon mods.
- Fixed an issue where the ISB Agent would be blocked from firing her blasters for too long, after performing a melee strike.
- Fixed a visual issue where the Ewok’s Hunter’s Instincts ability would show footprints on top of the trail left behind by BB9E.
- Fixed an issue where snow particles would sometimes be visible indoors when playing on Starkiller Base.
- Fixed various visual issues with texture popping on the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
- Fixed various visual and collision issues on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Death Star II.
- Added the spear melee attack for Ewok Hunters controlled by AI
- Made minor visual improvements to the Ewok Hunter’s abilities.
- Fixed a visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the "PLAYER DAMAGED" score event, after defeating an enemy.
- Added support for Cyrillic characters in the chat window when playing in non-Russian versions of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard would not show the accurate class level of other players, or when deploying with vehicles.
- Class level now appears on the Scoreboard when playing Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters.
- Removed the class level for AI players on the Scoreboard.
- Fixed an issue where the button to view the profile of another player on the Scoreboard would not work.
References[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II - Mar 11th Patch - Release Notes on the official Star Wars Battlefront Forums (Content obsolete; backup link unresponsive, original screenshot not captured)
- Tweet by Ben Walke (@BenWalke). "We've got a patch dropping next week for Star Wars Battlefront II. It includes a number of fixes (everyone on same team) and addresses some feedback (Auto Player appearances)." (Source)
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIUpdates of|