A marine is the anti-personnel unit in a space battle. They are suited for defending friendly capital ships internally or attacking enemy capital ships internally.
Their weaponry consists of
These are the individual marine units from each faction:
- Republic: Clone Marine
- CIS: Droid Marine
- Rebel Alliance: Rebel Marine
- Galactic Empire: Imperial Marine
- Marines specialize in anti-personnel roles, so should defend and attack capital ships, with their rapid-fire and explosive weapons suiting the compact, closed spaces of the interior of a capital ship.
- However, they aren't as suited to flying ships as pilots because marines can't slowly repair their ships as pilots can.
- Marines work well in group offensives with pilots, with the marines defending the pilots who destroy the critical points.
- Marines can destroy critical points too, but the higher damage of a Time Bomb means it'll be slower.
- Killing auto turrets requires dodging, as they can kill a marine quickly if they stand still. However, they are comparatively fragile: a few hits with the blaster rifle will take them down. A marine should be sure to periodically fire at them to stop them regenerating.
- The blaster rifle is useful against enemies and Auto Turrets, as the close-range nature of the ship means mowing down a group of enemies with automatic fire is comparatively easy.
- The rocket launcher can be useful in chokepoints, because often a mass of enemies try to get through the door at once, and a good hit with a rocket will take them all down.
- Instead of using rockets on critical points, it is usually better to save them for enemies.
- Due to the rocket's slow reload, a marine should wait for quiet moments to reload.
- Rockets can also be useful for destroying ships before they leave the hangar, to catch fleeing enemies.
- Even if the enemy ship isn't occupied by an enemy, it'll still award the marine's team a point if they destroy it. This can be useful to gain a few more points when not preoccupied by foes.
- Thermal detonators are also good in chokepoints and against groups of enemies, but can be bounced around corners to hit hiding enemies more effectively.#
- The elite rifle is very good for a marine, enabling them to mow down groups and individual enemies more easily, with a pilot dying in a single headshot.
- The remote rocket launcher is detrimental to the marine because of the marine being left immobilized and helpless while they guide a rocket. A "fire-and-forget" approach is best when in a capital ship because of how fast-paced the combat can be.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.