The May 28th Patch is a minor update for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. The patch contains bug fixes, tweaks, and improvements to various elements introduced in the Battle on Scarif Update. It is the final update to Battlefront II.
Notable changes and fixes include:
- Changes to the Old Master milestone kill requirement: instead of requiring 5,000 kills with Darth Maul to unlock the Old Master Appearance, the kills can be earned from any Dark Side hero. Similar changes will be applied to the Farmboy and Princess milestones, where 5,000 kills from any Light Side hero will contribute to progression. Current progression made on each milestone will carry over.
- Lowering of Kylo Ren's Frenzy damage by 10.
- Lowering of Darth Vader's Lightsaber Throw damage by 20 while he is using his Force Choke ability.
Opening comments Edit
We have a small patch releasing on May 28 which aims to address a selection of issues that we have found, but also makes changes to the current milestone requirements for some of the appearances, including Darth Maul’s Old master.
We are making changes to the appearance milestone requirements, and instead of requiring you to defeat 5,000 enemies with a specific hero, this can now be done for any hero on their respective side. This means that for Darth Maul’s Old Master appearance, you will no longer need to defeat 5,000 enemies as Darth Maul, but as any hero on the Dark Side. Defeating enemies as a Light Side hero will be required to unlock the Luke Farmboy and Princess Leia appearances.
As a team, we’d like to give a shout out to those who have already unlocked the Old Master Appearance, the Force is definitely strong with you!
Elsewhere in appearances, the AI-controlled Clone Troopers will now be equipped with Phase 2 armor on the Republic Attack Cruiser.
AI behavior has also been adjusted, and you’ll now see improved behavior around Command Post E on Death Star 2, in both Instant Action and Supremacy.
Kylo Ren and Darth Vader have had tweaks made to some of their abilities. Kylo Ren’s Frenzy attack will have its base damage reduced from 125 to 115. Whereas Darth Vader will receive multiple changes.
The first of which will be a reduction in damage for his Lightsaber Throw from 150, down to 130. His Star Card, Intensified Lightsaber Throw will also have its values changed to 15-20-25-30. Rounding out the changes to Darth Vader will be a tweak which will cause opponents affected by his Choke ability to only take half damage from his Lightsaber Throw.
Everyone on the Star Wars Battlefront II team has been touched by your kind words over the last few weeks. From all of us, we thank you for your continued support and feedback.
May the Force be with you, always.
The Star Wars Battlefront II Team
Patch notes Edit
- Balanced the milestone requirements for Darth Maul's Old Master appearance, Luke Skywalker's Farmboy appearance and Leia Organa's Princess appearance. The Milestones now require players to defeat 5,000 enemies as any Dark Side or Light Side hero.
- Made improvements to prevent the issue of players matchmaking into one-team lobbies.
- Various stability fixes related to the gameplay of Imperial Rocket Trooper and First Order Flametrooper
- Balancing pass on Darth Vader
- Reduced Darth Vader's Lightsaber Throw damage from 150 to 130
- Reduced the values of the Intensified Lightsaber Throw Star Card to 15-20-25-30
- Enemies who are affected by Darth Vader's Choke will only take half damage from Lightsaber Throw.
- Lowered base damage of Kylo Ren's Frenzy ability from 125 to 115.
- The appearances of AI-controlled Clone Troopers on the Republic Attack Cruiser on Instant Action and Co-Op Missions are now set to Phase 2.
- Fixed an issue with the AI's behavior regarding Command Post E on Death Star II, on Instant Action and Supremacy.
- Fixed an issue where the "Fight As One" milestone would not track progress when playing in Co-Op Missions.
- Fixed an issue where certain unlockable items were still indicated to be unlocked through Events only.
- Fixed an issue with the DL-18, where the Improved Cooling mod wouldn't increase how many shots the weapon could fire before overheating.
- Fixed an issue with the descriptions of the Republic Attack Cruiser and the Separatist Dreadnought on the Frontend menu of Instant Action Missions.
- Resolved an issue where wrong announcers could be heard when transitioning between round phases of any game mode, while using certain Heroes.
- Fixed an issue where the Name Tags UI option in the Main Menu would overlap with the Kill Message when set to Default.
- Fixed an issue where the Objective opacity sliders in the UI options will now include the progress bar, squad order, no. of contesters and text labels.
- The visual for the PC Chat prompt has now been removed from the UI options on consoles.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Battlefront II - May 28th Patch - Release Notes on Reddit.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 5/8/20 - F8RGE on the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit Discord
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Update on next Patch on Reddit.
- ↑ Tweet by Guillaume Mroz (@guillaume_mroz). "And with that, it is my last changes for real. Thanks for being an awesome community and sticking with us. I will miss you. May the force be with you, always." (Source)
- ↑ Tweet by Ben Walke (@BenWalke). "Yes, we're going to tweak it. Confirmed last week." (Source)
- ↑ Comment by user T0TALfps on Reddit. "Yes, progression already made should carry over once the update has landed." (Source)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Tweet by Guillaume Mroz (@guillaume_mroz). "Hey! Had a small window to do some small and safe adjustments to Kylo and Vader. Reduced Frenzy damage by 10. Reduced Vader throw damage by 20 and halved the damaged on choked targets to lower the choke and throw combo." (Image) (Source)
- ↑ Tweet by Ben Walke (@BenWalke). "We are looking into the AT-ST, have seen that feedback. We don't have the option to do wholesale changes but will do what we can." (Source)
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIUpdates of|