- "Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master and General of the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, he commanded the 212th Attack Battalion and defeated General Grievous on Utapau."
- — In-game Description
Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Light Side hero for the Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. He was added to the game on November 28, 2018 as part of the Battle of Geonosis Update. He originally cost 35,000 credits to unlock but this cost was removed in the Capital Supremacy Update.
Much like Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi is an expert at turning defense into offense, though in a different way. While Yoda's defensive strengths come in the form of his Unleash ability, where he absorbs blaster fire and propels enemies forward, Obi-Wan Kenobi's comes in his high stamina, allowing him to deflect blasters and other lightsabers for longer. He also possesses a higher than average max health regen, which can be increased further with a Star Card.
Obi-Wan's defensive strength can also be seen in his middle ability, Defensive Rush, where Obi-Wan lunges forward at enemies in a lightsaber rush, all the while accurately deflecting any attacks.
The Jedi mind trick is an iconic ability of Obi-Wan's. While Rey uses her mind trick to confuse enemies and revert their controls, Obi-Wan's mind trick prevents enemy players from using their abilities and dodging him.
Finally, Obi-Wan has a powerful Force push inspired by his use of the Force as seen in particular in Revenge of the Sith. Obi-Wan is able to charge up this ability; the longer it is charged, the more powerful the blast is in terms of the range at which enemies are effected as well as the width of the ability.
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Obi-Wan Kenobi|
|Health Regen Rate|| 50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen|| 300|
|Regen Delay||4.5 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Obi-Wan Kenobi|
|Sprint Speed||8 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||10 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||5.5 meters|
Obi-Wan will unleash a powerful Force blast in an area directly in front of him, damaging and sending his opponents tumbling backwards. This ability can be adapted based on the situation you find yourself in. Hold down the button to increase both the range and width of this Ability.
Restrictive Mind TrickEdit
When used, all opponent abilities in front of Obi-Wan will be disrupted. During this time, no abilities will be available. This also includes dodges.
Obi-wan will rush forward swinging his lightsaber, deflecting any attacks and damaging enemies in front of him.
|Jedi Resilience||Perfect Defense||Give It All||Think It Over||Jedi General|
|Quickened Focus||Forward!||More Doubts||Critical Deflection|
| Jedi Master|
| Jedi Robes|
| General Kenobi|
|Shall we Duel||Fightning Stance||Soldiers, with me||Contemplating||Body and Mind (animated)|
- "Obi-Wan Kenobi's RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK will prevent enemies from using their Dodge move."
- — First hint
- "Obi-Wan Kenobi's DEFENSIVE RUSH can be retriggered at any time by pressing the Attack button, unleashing a powerful ligthsaber swing ."
- — Second hint
- "Obi-Wan Kenobi's ALL-OUT PUSH can be released at any moment if time is of the essence."
- — Third hint
|This article is a stub. You can help Star Wars Battlefront Wiki by expanding it.|
- "Hello there."
- — First emote
- "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
- — Second emote
- "The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense."
- — Third emote
- "Your move."
- — Fourth emote
- — Voice Over
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is voiced by James Arnold Taylor, who previously voiced the young Kenobi in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series.
- One of Obi-Wan Kenobi's running animations had been discovered by dataminers prior to his release. It is similar to his running animation from the original Star Wars: Battlefront II.
- Additionally, Obi-Wan Kenobi's emotes had been discovered by dataminers prior to their announcement. They were found to be respectively titled: "Hello There," "Your Move," "Strongest," and "Absolutes."
- Obi-Wan's All-Out Push voice lines are lines from the Jedi Code. In canon, sometimes Obi-Wan used the Jedi Code as a mantra, iterated the code mentally.
- Visual tech animation improvements to the chestplate of the General Kenobi appearance.
- Added new Community Quests to take place over July. The new quests will unlock animated Victory Poses and new Voice Lines for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Darth Maul, and General Grievous.
- Community Request: Obi-Wan Kenobi is now immune to enemy Force abilities while performing All-Out Push.
- Fixed an issue where the button prompt to perform the final move for Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush and Chewbacca's Charge Slam would not show up on screen.
- Community Request: Adjusted Obi-Wan's primary attack sequence animation so that it feels faster.
- Community Request: Brought back Obi-Wan's air attack animation, but adjusted so that it feels faster.
- Increased active duration of Restrictive Mind Trick ability from 3 to 4.5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue that would not allow players to use their secondary fire when under the influence of Obi-Wan's Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
- Fixed an issue where the damage reduction that applied while Obi-Wan Kenobi was performing his All-Out Push ability, remained active after the ability was completed.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi will receive 80% less damage while holding out to perform the All-Out Push ability.
- Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan Kenobi's All-Out Push ability would be occasionally retriggered by the player.
- Fixed an issue where Lightsaber audio would play while the Lightsaber is turned off during "Strongest Defense" emote.
- Updated the VO for Obi-Wan in German with the original German voice actor, Philipp Moog.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause camera stuttering when Obi-Wan gets interrupted while performing his “All-Out Push” ability.
- Fixed an issue where Emperor Palpatine's "Chain Lightning" could damage Obi-wan, even when blocked.
- Fixed a visual clipping issue with Obi-Wan Kenobi's fingers in the "Fighting Stance" Victory Pose, while the General Kenobi appearance was activated.
- Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan's "Your Move" emote would play out-of-sync, when playing in a language other than English.
- Fixed an issue where a fully charged "All-Out Push" ability would not deal damage to enemies that are in the 2nd half of the ability zone.
- Fixed an issue where the UI lines of the "All-Out Push" ability would not be completely visible if the player doesn't charge up the ability.
- Fixed an issue where players could not cancel the "Defensive Rush" ability by dodging.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't see the Lightsaber ignite animation while being frozen by Kylo Ren.
- Prevented Lightsaber damage for Obi-Wan if he is attacked by Lightsabers during the "Defensive Rush" ability.
- Fixed an issue where Emperor Palpatine's main attack would show on Obi-Wan Kenobi's body, instead of his Lightsaber, when deflecting.
- Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan's "Your Move" and "Absolutes" emotes would play swapped in-game.
- Moved Obi-Wan's "All-Out Push" ability to the left ability slot and "Defensive Rush" to the right one, in order to address player feedback and improve consistency.
- ↑ THE PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE OF STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ II: New Clone Wars era content is coming starting this fall, including Geonosis, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and General Grievous.
- ↑ The Roadmap
- ↑ AUGUST UPDATE: THE STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ II ROADMAP
- ↑ F8RGE's Compiled Comments from Discord
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Community Transmission: Obi Wan Kenobi & 212th Attack Battalion