A lethal cannon barrage from planetary orbiting ships, covering a large area. Players that are within the target radius will receive a warning 1-4 seconds beforehand to escape. If escape isn't an option, finding shelter before the bombardment can also protect the player, as the orbital strike cannot penetrate obstacles such as buildings and debris.
Star Wars Battlefront
The orbital strike is a Power Up players can use in Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point. To use players must aim and use the red circle that appears on the ground as a guide to target an area for a orbital strike. Teammates are not affected by friendly orbital strikes, but the player who uses it is.
The AT-AT has an abillity that allows it to call in a Orbital Strike. This Orbital Strike has a much larger radius than the Power Up one.
Nien Nunb Ability
Nien Numb has an ability to call in an Orbital Strike in large gamemodes which lasts much longer than regular ones.
Star Wars Battlefront II
The Orbital Strike appears in two missions in the campaign, The Battle of Jakku and Ashes of the Empire. When aiming a yellow cylindrical-like icon is used instead of a red circle when targeting a area for a Orbital Strike
The AT-AT's Orbital Strike ability makes a return in Star Wars Battlefront II. A red circle is used when targeting an area for a Orbital Strike instead of a yellow cylinder.
- Orbital Strikes can be used on Hoth in Walker Assault, even though the shield generator is still online.
- Respectively, Imperial Orbital Strikes have green turbolaser bolts and the Rebels have red laser bolts.
- Orbital Strikes have the ability to deal massive damage (and kill) to heroes and villains.
- On the game mode Turning Point, AI Orbital Strikes appear near the Empire's Boundaries when the game begins, and after each point is taken, thus hindering the advance of the Rebels to a somewhat degree. These Orbital Strikes do not, however, appear on the mini-map, and can kill players if they approach their position.
- In Star Wars Battlefront, friendly Orbital Strikes are denoted by a blue circle on the minimap while enemy Orbital Strikes are denoted by a red circle.
- This does not appear in Star Wars Battlefront II. Instead, players get a pop-up warning when an Orbital Strike is targeting their area.
|Weapons of Star Wars Battlefront|
Bacta Bomb ⋅ Barrage ⋅ Bowcaster ⋅ Cycler Rifle ⋅ Dioxis Grenade1 ⋅ Flash Grenade ⋅ Homing Shot ⋅ Impact Grenade ⋅ Ion Grenade ⋅ Ion Neutralizer ⋅ Ion Torpedo ⋅ Laser Trip Mine3 ⋅ Scatter Gun1 ⋅ Scout Pistol ⋅ Shock Grenade2 ⋅ Smoke Grenade ⋅ Sonic Imploder4 ⋅ Stinger Pistol2 ⋅ Pulse Cannon ⋅ Thermal Detonator
Note: Superscripts denote content locked to expansion packs.