- "Compassionate and strong willed, the Ovissian Gunner uses the might of both her strength and her modified rotary cannon to combat enemies threatening her Resistance allies."
- — In-game Description
The Ovissian Gunner is an Enforcer Reinforcement unit for the Resistance in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. She is based on a new alien species that appears in The Rise of Skywalker. She was released on December 17 as part of The Rise of Skywalker Update.
The Ovissian Gunner is capable of massive damage output to enemy units.
Her Modified Z-6B Rotary Cannon can chew through the health of any troopers and heroes caught in its line of fire. She can take down enemy vehicles and shielding with ease with the Anti-Armor Mode of her weapon. Although one drawback is it takes a short while to charge up the weapon.
She holds the line in a Defensive Stance that takes cues from the Clone Commando's Battle Focus; as she heals for every hit. However, unlike the Clone Commando's Battle Focus, it heals for less health, and she does not gain damage reduction.
Should her path be blocked by an enemy, she can Charge into them to knock them down, and if their health is low, finish them off.
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Ovissian Gunner|
|Base Health|| 320|
|Health Regen Rate|| 40 health/sec|
|Regen Delay||6 sec|
|Rate of Fire||900 RPM|
|Damage per Second||375-165 DPS|
|Range|| Start damage drop-off: 20 meters|
End damage drop-off: 50 meters
|Overheat||67 shots (0.015 heat per shot)|
|Overheat Penalty||1 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown Delay||5 seconds|
|Passive Cooldown||0.3 heat per second|
|In-game Description||Toggle the ROTARY CANNON into a high powered anti-armor mode for increased efficiency against shields and vehicles.|
|Damage|| 90 (Base)|
|Rate of Fire||79.9 RPM|
|Range|| Blast Radius: 2 meters|
Inner Blast Radius: 1 meter
|Overheat||4 shots (0.25 heat per shot)|
|In-game Description||Instantly cool the ROTARY CANNON and any damage dealt replenishes health for you and nearby allies.|
|Effect|| Prevents weapon from overheating|
Heals 5 points per hit against enemy
Heals 25 points per kill
|Area of Effect||10 meters surrounding Gunner|
|Ability Duration|| 9 seconds
|Ability Cooldown||20 seconds|
Star Cards Edit
|Survivalist||Enforcer Training||Expert Weapons Handling||Acquisition||Battle Hardened|
- Implemented spool up functionality for the Ovissian Gunner: Hold Zoom to spool up the weapon so that it’s ready to fire immediately when you find a target. We also updated the crosshairs to visually show that you need to spool up before you can fire and added a tutorial pop-up to remind you about the new spool up functionality as you equip your weapon.
- Decreased base health (320 from original 350)
- Base damage reduced to 30 from original 24
- End damage reduced to 11 from original 15
- Anti-Armor Explosion Damage reduced to 90 from original 120
- Reverted previous update where movement speed would be reduced when spooling up and firing the rotary cannon.
- Fixed issue where firing the rotary cannon wouldn’t trigger controller rumble.
- ↑ Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker on the official Star Wars Battlefront Forums (Content obsolete; backup link unresponsive, original screenshot not captured)