- The TL-50 Heavy Repeater, K-16 Bryar Pistol, and Laser Trip Mine were originated from the Jedi Knight series.
- This expansion pack marks the first time an astromech droid is playable in the Battlefront franchise, and is the only time an astromech is playable in the game.
- This is the first expansion pack to only have 3 game modes at beginning, which the DLC was criticised for at launch.
- This expansion is the first (and last) time the locations are set outside of a planet or moon, and instead set on a station.
- This expansion is the first of the two to have 3 separate phases, the other being Rogue One: Scarif.
| Battlefront Series |
|Pandemic's Battlefront||Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) • Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)|
|DICE's Battlefront||Star Wars Battlefront (2015)|
(Expansion Packs include: Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star, Rogue One: Scarif • Star Wars Battlefront Companion) • Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)
|Spin-Offs||Renegade Squadron • Elite Squadron • Mobile Squadrons|
|Other||Star Wars: Battlefront III • Battlefront: Twilight Company • Battlefront II: Inferno Squad|
|* denotes upcoming content.|