Star Wars Battlefront: Outer Rim is an expansion pack for Star Wars: Battlefront. It released on March 22, 2016 for Season Pass holders and on April 5, 2016 for all other Battlefront players who wish to purchase it as an individual content pack.
The expansion pack features four new maps, four new weapons (two free), one new mode, and two new heroes. Information on these new maps, weapons, mode, and heroes is listed below.
The official artwork features Imperial forces led by Greedo fending off a group of Rebels to defend Jabba's Palace while Nien Nunb commands the Rebels to move forward.
This add-on introduced Hutt Contracts, which are how the star cards, weapons, and upgrades are unlocked. After paying for a contract, players must do a list of tasks in order to unlock the specific item.
- Relby V-10 Blaster Rifle
- DT-12 Blaster Pistol
- DL-18 Blaster Pistol (available to all)
- DLT-19X Targeting Rifle (available to all)
- This is currently the only known Expansion Pack that only adds maps to planets that originally appeared in the game.
- Every map in the expansion is playable only with 16 players.
- The choice of heroes had gained criticism by fans of the original Battlefront games, as the two were called reskins of Rebel soldiers and felt their presence ruined the game.
| Battlefront Series |
|Main Series||Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) • Star Wars: Battlefront II • Star Wars Battlefront (2015) (Expansion Packs include: Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star, Rogue One: Scarif) • Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)|
|Spin-Offs||Renegade Squadron • Elite Squadron • Mobile Squadrons|
|Other||Star Wars: Battlefront III • Battlefront: Twilight Company • Star Wars Battlefront Companion