This page details the process of applying to become an administrator.
In order for a contributor to qualify for the administration, they must meet the following criteria:
- User must have been active for at least 30 days from the date of their earliest edit prior to making the request.
- User must be able to demonstrate that they are willing to help and show good judgment.
- User must have a reason that is at least five sentences long, demonstrates their understanding of the position, and uses proper spelling and grammar.
Please note the following:
- Edit count is not a factor. When reviewing an admin request, the quality of the user's edits is looked at.
Application process[edit source]
- A user seeking to be an administrator or bureaucrat must follow these procedures:
- 1. They must meet the requirement criteria, or their application will be deleted by an administrator.
- 2. They must create a request page using the request form detailed below, and provide a reason that is at least five sentences (detailed in criterion 3 above).
- 3. Applicants shall not use any images to advertise "support" for them, so as to discourage unqualified users who seek the support of others who do not consider their qualifications.
- 4. Applicants shall not force other users to support them. Applicants are allowed to notify other users of such discussion, without imposing an agenda (such as using images to advertise for support, as in clause 3, above).
Decision process[edit source]
- 1. Any contributor can participate in the nomination discussion, as long as they meet the following criteria:
- a. Participants must have been an active contributor for at least one (1) month.
- 2. The applicant is promoted under the following circumstances:
- a. They have at least three quarters (75%) support.
- b. They must receive the support from several administrators and all active bureaucrats.
- c. If more than half (50%) of active administrators do not support the user's application, the request is unsuccessful and may be closed.
- 3. Only bureaucrats can close the discussion, as they have the ability to promote those that are successful in their application.
- 4. If a user makes an administrator request but fails to be promoted, they must wait at least thirty (30) days before making another request, unless their request is endorsed by all active administrators.
Request form[edit source]
- Replace USERNAME with your username in the box below.
- Click "submit."
- When you submit, fill out the information on the resulting page (user name and description), then save the page.
Note: If you are making a second request, add "/2" to the end of your username in Step 1.
- Example: USERNAME/2
<createbox> preload=Template:Request for adminship/preload prefix=Star Wars Battlefront Wiki:Requests for adminship/ default=USERNAME buttonlabel=Submit bgcolor=#eeeeff width=75 </createbox>