- "The TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank was a maneuverable, fast-attack vehicle used by select battalions in the Grand Army of the Republic"
- — In-game Description
The TX-130 Saber-class fighting tank, or simply the TX-130 Fighter Tank or TX-130, is a ground Armor Reinforcement vehicle for the Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. It was released on June 26 as part of the Where are those Droidekas? Update.
The armored TX-130 tank balances agility with power; it is both quick and defensive, allowing it to strike at enemies with its laser cannons and then fall back. Although the laser cannons can only shoot in a straight horizontal line of fire, the TX-130 is maneuverable, allowing it to swing around to shoot at enemy players around it.
Health and MovementEdit
- Laser Cannons: Main weapon of TX-130. Very powerful cannons.
- Laser Barrage: Automatically fires a burst of cannon bolts at an extreme rate of fire.
- Rockets: Two side-mounted rocket pods with 5 rockets each. Tap to fire single rockets. Hold to load up multiple rockets that launch on release.
- Charge Mode: In CHARGE MODE you can power up the main cannons to fire supercharged bolts for massive damage.
- Apart from the AT-TE, which is a walker that can only be played on Geonosis: Trippa Hive in Galactic Assault and Felucia: Tagata in Capital Supremacy, Instant Action and Co-Op, the TX-130 is the first tank for the Galactic Republic.
- This tank originally made its debut in the Legends novel Boba Fett: Crossfire but its first game appearance was in the 2002 Clone Wars video game. Like in the 2002 Clone Wars game it lacks the top hatch mounted Beam Cannon that its appearance in the original Star Wars: Battlefront & original Star Wars: Battlefront II had.
|The Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|