Maz's Castle is a castle, that as of The Force Awakens, has stood for over a thousand years. It is owned by Maz Kanata. In 34 ABY, the castle was the site of a battle between the Resistance and First Order that saw the castle levelled.
The First Order move into Takodana to flush out Resistance sympathizers. On this map, the First Order attacks and the Resistance defends.
- "The First Order have information pointing to Resistance spies and sympathizers at Maz's Castle. They launch an attack to capture them, but Resistance forces have arrived in time to oppose them...."
- — In-game Description
On Takodana, the First Order moves against Maz Kanata's castle. Resistance forces have taken up a defensive position inside. On this map, the First Order are the attackers and the Resistance are the defenders.
The First Order's arrival on Takodana begins with the task of capturing Memorial Hill during the first phase. Phase two will feature the First Order moving in to sabotage both the East and West Turbolasers currently engaging their air forces. The final assault during the third phase is centred around capturing Maz's Castle once and for all.
- "The First Order have learned that Maz's Castle might be the location of a sought after Jedi artifact. But the Resistance aren't going to let them take it without a fight...."
- — In-game Description
The First Order must steal the Jedi Artifact and deliver it to their extraction point. The Resistance must defend the artifact until the First Order reinforcement count runs out.
The following vehicles are available on Maz's Castle for Galactic Assault using Battle Points, unless otherwise stated:
First Order Edit
- Maz's Castle was faithfully recreated in Battlefront II exactly as how it was seen in The Force Awakens, as the developer team was able to visit the set itself.
- Maz's Castle was a map available in the Battlefront II beta.
- This map is one of the few multiplayer maps that appears in the campaign without any significant changes or additions from how it is seen in multiplayer.
- There is a chicken near the East Turbolaser that always flees from players. At one point, a bug caused this chicken not to flee from players, but this was quickly resolved in the Squad System Update.
January 2020 update
- In Galactic Assault, re-worked the spawns in Phase 2, moving them closer to the objectives.
- In Galactic Assault, the price of the AT-ST has been increased from 1500 to 2500.
|Locations and Maps in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|