A desert covered world in the Outer Rim, Tatooine is the home of various species as well as the native Jawas and the fearsome Tusken Raiders (AKA: Sand People). It is also the location of the Fortress of Jabba the Hutt. This map is the spaceport of Mos Eisley, the most "wretched hive of scum and villainy". It features Chalum's Cantina, several houses and buildings, and Docking Bay 94.
Mos Eisley is a fairly large city on the planet of Tatooine. The city appears prominently in Episode IV: A New Hope, when Obi-Wan takes Luke Skywalker there after saving the boy from Tusken Raiders. Here they meet up with Han Solo and his companion Chewbacca. After they leave the planet, pursued by Imperial troops and by some thugs working for Jabba the Hutt, the city ceases to have any importance to the films.
Recognizable features in the game include the cantina (which is much smaller than the one depicted in the films) and Jabba's skiff (docked in an open arena). There are many buildings that serve as sniping posts, but much of the dirty work is done in close quarters, between the buildings.
This is the only land-based Assault mission available without Xbox Live. Players get to choose to play as heroes or villains. In Assault, heroes are much like normal infantry, with health that doesn't run out after time. However, re-healing takes a very long time. After dying, simply select a Command Post and character and return to the battle. The Heroes have significant tactical advantage, because Han Solo is equipped with a Fusion Cutter to repair health and ammo droids. The Villains rely on the Heroes fixing the health and ammo droids, but this rarely happens. As a result, heroes are more likely to win.
Vehicles (Star Wars: Battlefront only)Edit
- Health Droids X?
- Ammo Droids X?
- Jawas : Neutral, carries fusion cutter, can be seen roaming the map or building turrets, Clone Wars Era only
- Tusken Raiders:Hostile to Jawas, Hunt mode only, Galactic Civil War Era.
Heroes (Star Wars: Battlefront)Edit
Heroes (Star Wars: Battlefront II)Edit
- Near the warehouse front
- Shops front
Involvements in the film(s)Edit
Where Luke and the Rebels searched for a Pilot that will take them to Alderaan. The spaceport also appears at the end of the Return of the Jedi Special Edition during the celebration of the destruction of the Second Death Star.
- In the first game and in most Star Wars: Battlefront II modes (except hunt), the Jawas are harmless, they don't attack either side but they are tasked to repair laser turrets scattered around the map.
- Jawas may also grab either team's flag during 2-flag CTF. Due to their programming, which doesn't make them take it to the opposing team's base directly, this can result in drawn-out rounds if no timer is on. It also makes it a blessing if they take your flag, since they will more than likely wander for 10-15 minutes before being killed indirectly, yet a curse if they take the opposing flag, since you lose points for killing them.
- The music of the cantina band constantly plays in the cantina, despite the fact no band is visible. This is possibly (though unlikely) a reference to Star Wars Tales: Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, where the last story tells of a Shistavanen entering the bar a couple of days after the death of Jabba. The Wolf-Man notes that the Cantina is playing recorded music, not live, like the 4 or so years ago when the Modal Nodes were the band that played at the famous (or infamous) bar.
- It is possible in some areas of the map to go over the perimeter wall without being branded a deserter, likewise there are areas where the character may be shot without crossing the perimeter wall.
- Mos Eisley on Wookieepedia
|Maps of Star Wars: Battlefront|
|Bespin||Cloud City · Platforms|
|Kashyyyk||Docks · Islands|
|Naboo||Plains · Theed|
|Rhen Var||Citadel · Harbor|
|Tatooine||Dune Sea · Mos Eisley · Jabba's Palace|
|Yavin 4||Arena · Temple|
|Faction base planets||Endor: Bunker · Hoth: Echo Base · Geonosis: Spire · Kamino: Tipoca City|
|Maps of Star Wars: Battlefront II|
|Land Maps||Coruscant: Jedi Temple · Dagobah: Swamp · Death Star: Interior · Endor: Bunker · Felucia: Marshland · Geonosis: Dust Plains · Hoth: Echo Base · Kamino: Cloning Facility · Kashyyyk: Beachhead · Mustafar: Refinery · Mygeeto: War-Torn City · Naboo: Theed · Polis Massa: Medical Facility · Tantive IV: Interior · Tatooine: Jabba's Palace · Tatooine: Mos Eisley · Utapau: Sinkhole · Yavin 4: Temple|
|Space Maps||Coruscant** · Dagobah* · Endor* · Felucia · Geonosis* · Hoth · Kamino* · Kashyyyk · Mustafar** · Mygeeto · Naboo* · Polis Massa* · Tatooine · Utapau* · Yavin|
|X-Box Live DLC Maps||Bespin: Cloud City · Rhen Var: Citadel · Yavin 4: Arena|