- "Yoda is an expert at turning defense into attack, using the Force to absorb blaster fire, heal his wounds, and protect him from harm while using his lightsaber to inflict damage."
- — Star Wars Battlefront II website
Yoda is a formidable force on the battlefield. He is deceptively agile, despite his aged appearance and small stature. His abilities, combined with his natural Jedi jump and dodge, and make him virtually untouchable in the hands of a skilled player. His small nature also makes him an easy hero to use as an ambush. His lightsaber can be turned off as of the Hero Starfighters Update, and his stature allows him to hide in tall grass, bushes, or behind objects that other heroes could not. Yoda is somewhat hard to control for less experienced players. His lightsaber attacks are quite extravagant, and may miss their target if not aimed properly. However, his speed and agility rivals that of Darth Maul, allowing him to hold his own in battle.
Yoda is best used as a support hero, thanks to his Unleash and Presence abilities. On the surface, the former ability acts as a weaker version of Luke Skywalker's Push or Obi-Wan Kenobi's All-Out Push but in reality its capabilities extend much further beyond this. Instead of deflecting blaster fire with his block, Yoda absorbs it and a small blue outline will start circling the Unleash icon. This power allows him to charge up the ability, increasing its damage and range. Meanwhile, Presence boosts his and allies' health pools for a short period of time, acting as a lifesaving tool in near-death situations. To top his ability arsenal off, Dash Attack causes Yoda to leap forward with his lightsaber, similar to Luke's Rush ability and Darth Maul's Spin Attack. Dash Attack has two charges and that number can even be upgraded to 3 with the Agility Star Card. That said, it is not powerful enough on its own to kill enemy troopers, unless they have already taken damage.
|Hero Level||Reward Upon Reaching Level||XP to Complete Level||Total Skill Points|
|2|| 1 Skill Point|
Enduring Presence becomes available
Unleashed becomes available
|3||1 Skill Point||10,200||2|
|4||1 Skill Point||10,540||3|
|5|| 1 Skill Point|
Agility becomes available
Opposing The Dark Side becomes available
|6||1 Skill Point||11,400||5|
|7||1 Skill Point||11,836||6|
|8||1 Skill Point||12,280||7|
|9||1 Skill Point||12,736||8|
|10|| 1 Skill Point|
Earned It I Have becomes available
|11||1 Skill Point||17,203||10|
|12|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Rare
|13||1 Skill Point||18,123||12|
|14||1 Skill Point||18,590||13|
|15|| 1 Skill Point|
Jedi Mentor becomes available
Feel The Force becomes available
|16||1 Skill Point||19,540||15|
|17||1 Skill Point||20,023||16|
|18||1 Skill Point||20,510||17|
|19||1 Skill Point||21,003||18|
|20|| 1 Skill Point|
Size Matters Not becomes available
Lightsaber Mastery becomes available
|21||1 Skill Point||22,003||20|
|22||1 Skill Point||22,510||21|
|23||1 Skill Point||23,023||22|
|24||1 Skill Point||23,540||23|
|25|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Epic
|26-37||1 Skill Point per level||24,417||36|
|38-40||1,000 Credits per level||24,417||36|
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Yoda|
|Base Health|| 700|
|Health Regen Rate|| 50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||250|
|Regen Delay||5 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Yoda|
|Sprint Speed||7 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||10 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||5.5 meters|
|Dodge Cooldown||1.1 seconds per dodge|
|All dodges grant 20% damage reduction throughout the animation|
|In-game Description||Shoto-style lightsaber using a kyber crystal from the icy caverns of Ilum.|
|Melee Attacks|| 12 swings possible|
|Blaster Deflections||*2121 damage deflections possible|
|Melee Deflections||*10 melee deflections possible|
|Stamina Regen Delay||1 seconds|
|Stamina Regen Speed (from empty)||2.10 seconds|
( *Yoda cannot deflect blaster bolts or attacks, instead he absorbs them with his block to charge up the damage output of his Unleash ability.)
|Name||Health on Elimination|
|In-game Description||Yoda regains health for each defeated enemy.|
|Effect||Grants 20 health per defeated trooper, 100 health per defeated Hero.|
|In-game Description||Yoda instantly heals himself and allies around him. When the ability is activated, he will also break out of any immobilizing effect.|
|Effect|| Grants 150 Health to Yoda and his Hero allies while granting 70 health to trooper allies. Will also break Yoda out of any immobilizing effect.
|Ability Duration|| 8 seconds
|Ability Cooldown||20 seconds|
|In-game Description||Yoda leaps forwards up to two times, dealing damage without being blocked.|
|Effect||Damages through block|
|Ability Cooldown|| 5 seconds per charge
The Ability Presence has a BUG introduced in late 2019 where, when activated, its Area of Effect isn't where it's supposed to be. Previously, and as intended, Yoda's Presence would affect allies around him, in a circular area centered on Yoda himself. However, since the BUG was introduced, only the first time Yoda uses the ability it behaves that way. All following uses of the ability will center the effect elsewhere, not where Yoda is located during activation. It actually centers the effect in the spot where Yoda was when his Presence ability last entered Cooldown. Dying and respawning fixes the bug, but upon using Presence once again the bug is back.
|Enduring Presence||Unleashed||Agility||Opposing The Dark Side||Earned It I Have|
|Jedi Mentor||Feel The Force||Size Matters Not||Lightsaber Mastery|
| Grand Master
|Powerful You Have Become||Size Matters Not||Feel the Force||Jedi Master|| Serenity
- "All heroes can dodge or evade. Use this to avoid damage and open distance between you and your enemy."
- — First hint
- "Dodge is most effective at avoiding lightsaber attacks and opening space between you and the attacker."
- — Second hint
- "Heroes can only block attacks from the front. Try to position around them and hit them from behind to be effective."
- — Third hint
- "Each time a blocking hero deflects damage or swings their lightsaber, they lose stamina. When out of stamina, heroes are unable to deflect or trigger a closing strike."
- — Fourth hint
- "Heroes have strengths and weaknesses. Hone your skills by playing Arcade."
- — Fifth hint
- "Use Star Cards to ensure your hero experience is personally tailored."
- — Sixth hint
- "Heroes will only regenerate a limited amount of health after taking damage."
- — Seventh hint
- "Yoda can absorb blaster fire to charge Unleash, making it more effective."
- — First hint
- "Yoda’s Presence ability increases the health of nearby allies as well as himself."
- — Second hint
- "When playing as Yoda, try to use his small size to your advantage to ambush enemies."
- — Third hint
Emotes and QuotesEdit
- "That is why you fail."
- — First emote
- "Do or do not. There is no try."
- — Second emote
- "My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
- — Third emote
- "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm?"
- — Fourth emote
- "Trust you not, your master does."
- — Voice Over
- "My ally is the Force."
- — Upon spawning
- "Old I am, but not slow."
- — During combat
- "Life is the Jedi way."
- — Upon using Presence
- "Too swift for you, hmm?"
- — Upon using Dash Attack
- "Attack me, do you?"
- — Upon using Unleash
- "Trapped in that mask, only darkness can you see."
- — Banter with Darth Vader
- "Long has it been since I fought with a student."
- — Banter with Luke Skywalker
- "Emperor Palpatine: A Jedi Master without a Jedi Order!"
Yoda: Still Jedi enough, Lord Sidious.""
- — Banter with Palpatine
- "Maul... hold him off, I can. But defeat him... hmm..."
- — Upon Spotting Darth Maul
- "Yoda: Maul... Such rage."
Darth Maul: My rage GUIDES me!!!"
- — Banter with Darth Maul
- "Epic string of takedowns, Yoda has."
- — Heroes vs. Villains announcer when a Yoda player gets a 5-player killstreak
- Yoda is voiced by Tom Kane, who also voiced him in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series as well as in the original Star Wars: Battlefront II.
- Yoda’s Force block animation is akin to the scene in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones during his duel with Count Dooku. Yoda is able to actually shoot back Dooku's lightning at him if he manages to absorb it. Likewise, his intro at the beginning of the hero game modes shows him un-holstering his lightsaber with the Force, just as he does in his fight with Dooku.
- According to Guillaume Mroz, Yoda was the most difficult hero to create due to his small stature.https://twitter.com/guillaume_mroz/status/929058952410787840
- Although technically affiliated with the Rebel Alliance in-game, Yoda was never actually a member of the Rebel Alliance in the Star Wars canon.
- In this game Yoda has perfect teeth, instead of how he's portrayed in the movies or animated series.
- Added to Age of Rebellion era maps in Supremacy, Instant Action, and Co-Op Missions for the Rebel Alliance.
- The health bonus from the Officer's Battle command, Yoda's Presence and Finn's Big Deal should not stack anymore.
- If the player has health bonus active from the Officer and Finn or Yoda's is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be removed.
- If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and the Officer's health bonus is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be ignored.
- If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and Finn or Yoda's health bonus is applied, the new health bonus will be applied and the old one removed.
- If Yoda has his Presence health bonus active and Finn applies his Big Deal health bonus to Yoda, Finn's health bonus will be ignored.
- If Finn has his Big Deal health bonus active and Yoda applies his Presence health bonus to Finn, Yoda's health bonus will be ignored.
- If Finn has Yoda's Presence health bonus active and activates Big Deal, Yoda's Presence health bonus will be removed and Big Deal will be applied.
- If Yoda has Finn's Big Deal health bonus active and activates Presence, Finn's Big Deal health bonus will be removed and Presence will be applied. This was a huge balance feedback and frustration especially in big game modes. it should lower the impact of bonus health when both heroes are present.
- Health on Kill Star Card "Release The Force" has been replaced with "Size Matters Not".
- Old Star Card Name: Release The Force
- Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.
- Stats: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 Health regained upon defeating enemy hero
- New Star Card Name: Size Matters Not
- Description: When the bonus health of PRESENCE is depleted, it heals for some of the damage it prevented. The cooldown of PRESENCE is increased by 13 seconds.
- Stats: 35% / 40% / 45% / 50% Health percentage regained
- Old Star Card Name: Release The Force
- Adjusted the animation of Yoda's attacks for speed.
- Added ability to block lightsaber attacks with his own lightsaber.
|The Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|