- "Yoda is an expert at turning defense into attack, using the Force to absorb blaster fire, heal his wounds, and protect him from harm while using his lightsaber to inflict damage."
- — Star Wars Battlefront II website
Yoda is a formidable force on the battlefield. He is deceptively agile, despite his aged appearance and small stature. His abilities, combined with his natural Jedi jump and dodge, and make him virtually untouchable in the hands of a skilled player. His small nature also makes him an easy hero to use as an ambush. His lightsaber can be turned off as of the Hero Starfighters Update, and his stature allows him to hide in tall grass, bushes, or behind objects that other heroes could not. Yoda is somewhat hard to control for less experienced players. His lightsaber attacks are quite extravagant, and may miss their target if not aimed properly. However, his speed and agility rivals that of Darth Maul, allowing him to hold his own in battle.
Yoda is best used as a support hero, thanks to his Unleash and Presence abilities. On the surface, the former ability acts as a weaker version of Luke Skywalker's Push or Obi-Wan Kenobi's All-Out Push but in reality its capabilities extend much further beyond this. Instead of deflecting blaster fire with his block, Yoda absorbs it and a small blue outline will start circling the Unleash icon. This power allows him to charge up the ability, increasing its damage and range. Meanwhile, Presence boosts his and allies' health pools for a short period of time, acting as a lifesaving tool in near-death situations. To top his ability arsenal off, Dash Attack causes Yoda to leap forward with his lightsaber, similar to Luke's Rush ability and Darth Maul's Spin Attack. Dash Attack has two charges and that number can even be upgraded to 3 with the Agility Star Card. That said, it is not powerful enough on its own to kill enemy troopers, unless they have already taken damage.
|Level||Reward Upon Reaching Level||XP to Complete Level||Total Skill Points|
|2|| 1 Skill Point|
Enduring Presence becomes available
Unleashed becomes available
|3||1 Skill Point||10,200||2|
|4||1 Skill Point||10,540||3|
|5|| 1 Skill Point|
Agility becomes available
Opposing The Dark Side becomes available
|6||1 Skill Point||11,400||5|
|7||1 Skill Point||11,836||6|
|8||1 Skill Point||12,280||7|
|9||1 Skill Point||12,736||8|
|10|| 1 Skill Point|
Earned It I Have becomes available
|11||1 Skill Point||17,203||10|
|12|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Rare
|13||1 Skill Point||18,123||12|
|14||1 Skill Point||18,590||13|
|15|| 1 Skill Point|
Jedi Mentor becomes available
Feel The Force becomes available
|16||1 Skill Point||19,540||15|
|17||1 Skill Point||20,023||16|
|18||1 Skill Point||20,510||17|
|19||1 Skill Point||21,003||18|
|20|| 1 Skill Point|
Size Matters Not becomes available
Lightsaber Mastery becomes available
|21||1 Skill Point||22,003||20|
|22||1 Skill Point||22,510||21|
|23||1 Skill Point||23,023||22|
|24||1 Skill Point||23,540||23|
|25|| 1 Skill Point|
Can now upgrade Star Cards to Epic
|26-37||1 Skill Point per level||24,417||36|
|38-40||1,000 Credits per level||24,417||36|
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Yoda|
|Base Health|| 700|
|Health Regen Rate|| 50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||250|
|Regen Delay||5 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Yoda|
|Sprint Speed||7 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||10 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||5.5 meters|
|Dodge Cooldown||1.1 seconds per dodge|
|All dodges grant 20% damage reduction throughout the animation|
|In-game Description||Shoto-style lightsaber using a kyber crystal from the icy caverns of Ilum.|
|Melee Attacks|| 12 swings possible|
|Blaster Deflections||*2121 damage deflections possible|
|Melee Deflections||*10 melee deflections possible|
|Stamina Regen Delay||1 seconds|
|Stamina Regen Speed (from empty)||2.10 seconds|
* Yoda does not deflect blaster bolts or attacks, instead he absorbs them with his block to charge up the damage output of his Unleash ability.
|Name||Health on Elimination|
|In-game Description||Yoda regains health for each defeated enemy.|
|Effect||Grants 20 health per defeated trooper, 100 health per defeated Hero.|
|In-game Description||Yoda instantly heals himself and allies around him. When the ability is activated, he will also break out of any immobilizing effect.|
|Effect|| Grants 150 Health to Yoda and his Hero allies while granting 70 health to trooper allies. Will also break Yoda out of any immobilizing effect.
|Ability Duration|| 8 seconds
|Ability Cooldown||20 seconds|
|In-game Description||Yoda leaps forwards up to two times, dealing damage without being blocked.|
|Effect||Damages through block|
|Ability Cooldown|| 5 seconds per charge
Boost Cards Edit
|Enduring Presence||Unleashed||Agility||Opposing The Dark Side||Earned It I Have|
|Jedi Mentor||Feel The Force||Size Matters Not||Lightsaber Mastery|
| Grand Master
|Powerful You Have Become||Size Matters Not||Feel the Force||Jedi Master|| Serenity
In-game Hints Edit
- "All heroes can dodge or evade. Use this to avoid damage and open distance between you and your enemy."
- — First hint
- "Dodge is most effective at avoiding lightsaber attacks and opening space between you and the attacker."
- — Second hint
- "Heroes can only block attacks from the front. Try to position around them and hit them from behind to be effective."
- — Third hint
- "Each time a blocking hero deflects damage or swings their lightsaber, they lose stamina. When out of stamina, heroes are unable to deflect or trigger a closing strike."
- — Fourth hint
- "Heroes have strengths and weaknesses. Hone your skills by playing Arcade."
- — Fifth hint
- "Use Star Cards to ensure your hero experience is personally tailored."
- — Sixth hint
- "Heroes will only regenerate a limited amount of health after taking damage."
- — Seventh hint
- "Yoda can absorb blaster fire to charge Unleash, making it more effective."
- — First hint
- "Yoda’s Presence ability increases the health of nearby allies as well as himself."
- — Second hint
- "When playing as Yoda, try to use his small size to your advantage to ambush enemies."
- — Third hint
Emotes and Quotes Edit
- "That is why you fail."
- — First emote
- "Do or do not. There is no try."
- — Second emote
- "My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
- — Third emote
- "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm?"
- — Fourth emote
- "Trust you not, your master does."
- — Voice Over
- "My ally is the Force."
- — Upon spawning
- "Old I am, but not slow."
- — During combat
- "Life is the Jedi way."
- — Upon using Presence
- "Too swift for you, hmm?"
- — Upon using Dash Attack
- "Attack me, do you?"
- — Upon using Unleash
- "With the Force, I plote."
- — Upon using Unleash
- "Trapped in that mask, only darkness can you see."
- — Banter with Darth Vader
- "Darth Vader: You shouldn't have come out of hiding.
Yoda: Come to see your Empire, I did."
- — Banter with Darth Vader
- "Long has it been since I fought with a student."
- — Banter with Luke Skywalker
- "Emperor Palpatine: A Jedi Master without a Jedi Order!"
Yoda: Still Jedi enough, Lord Sidious.""
- — Banter with Palpatine
- "Emperor Palpatine: The Dark Side will blind you forever!
Yoda: It is you, the Dark Side blinds."
- — Banter with Palpatine
- "Maul... hold him off, I can. But defeat him... hmm..."
- — Upon Spotting Darth Maul
- "Yoda: Maul... Such rage."
Darth Maul: My rage GUIDES me!!!"
- — Banter with Darth Maul
- "Epic string of takedowns, Yoda has."
- — Heroes vs. Villains announcer when a Yoda player gets a 5-player killstreak
- "A masterclass in the Force from the legendary Grandmaster of the Jedi. Ended the battle, Master Yoda has."
- — Heroes vs. Villains announcer when a Yoda player kills the last enemy of the battle
Known Issues Edit
Incorrect area of effect of Presence Edit
Yoda's Presence ability has a bug introduced in late 2019 where, when activated, its area of effect isn't where it's supposed to be. Previously, and as intended, Yoda's Presence would affect allies around him, in a circular area centered on Yoda himself. However, since the bug was introduced, only the first time Yoda uses the ability it behaves that way. All following uses of the ability will center the effect elsewhere, not where Yoda is located during activation.
It actually centers the effect in the spot where Yoda was when his Presence ability last entered cooldown. Dying and respawning fixes the bug, but upon using Presence once again the bug is back.
- Buff: Extra health gained by Presence is no longer removed when the ability goes into cooldown, instead the health starts depleting after 10 seconds.
- Buff: Increased Dash damage from 100 to 130.
- Nerf: Increased Presence recharge time from 16 to 20 seconds.
- Nerf: Presence no longer cancels Darth Vader's Force Choke.
- Bug fix: The Master Of The Force Star Card now works as intended.
- Bug fix: The Agility Star Card now correctly grants 1 extra dash instead of 2.
- General: The Jedi Mentor Star Card now has the correct description.
- Mechanics change: Presence - Yoda can now break out of any immobilizing effect upon ability activation.
- Buff: Yoda's Lightsaber - Increased damage from 80 to 115.
- Buff: Unleash - Increased energy holding time from 0.7 to 0.9 seconds.
- Buff: Unleash - Increased angle from 40 to 45 degrees.
- Buff: Unleash - Increased first tier of damage from 100 to 110, second tier damage from 125 to 130, third tier damage from 150 to 160, and fourth tier damage from 175 to 190.
- Bug fix: Enduring The Force - This Star Card now applies the proper amount of bonus time.
- Bug fix: Master Of The Force - This Star Card will no longer damage players inconsistently and when only released at maximum power.
- General: Feel The Force - Edited the description of this Star Card to make it clear that all friendlies will receive a health bonus when used.
- Known issue: Yoda does not break out of several immobilizing abilities when using Presence.
- Known issue: Yoda's Feel The Force Star Card description is incorrect
- Known issue: Yoda's Master Of The Force Star Card does not work as intended.
- Bug fix: The area of effect of Unleash should now display properly when the ability is activated.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda didn't break out of immobilizing abilities when using Presence.
- New content: Hooded Appearance added.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda's milestone "Force Unleashed" did not track properly.
- General: Updated the description of Dash Attack so that it properly states that it is an attack.
- General: Fixed an issue where the Feel The Force Star Card description did not state that allies receive bonus health.
- Mechanics change: Changed dodge behavior of heroes and troopers so that stagger immunity and lightsaber damage immunity is applied at the start of the dodge animation, rather than in the middle of the animation.
- Buff: Changed Yoda's dodge speed and dodge distance to be the same as other Force users.
- General: Added in-game description for the Hooded Appearance.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda could get stuck between the Rancor body and the cave wall on Jabba's Palace.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda could reach an area behind the armor racks on Death Star II.
- Mechanics change: The Master Of The Force Star Card has been reworked to be more consistent with other health regeneration Star Cards available to other heroes.
- Old Name: Master Of The Force
- New Name: Release The Force
- Old Effect: When the UNLEASH radius is at maximum distance, unleashing it will deal bonus damage.
- New Effect: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue with Yoda's abilities not always registering due to map geometry factors.
- Mechanics change: If Unleash is used right after Yoda blocks Count Dooku's Lighting Stun ability, Yoda will be able to project the lightning back to enemies.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where lightsaber users would not take damage from an enemy heroes' first lightsiber swing while regenerating health.
- Bug fix: Fixed an animation issue where heroes would occasionally get stuck in map geometry when performing the dash movement over an edge.
- Mechanics change: Improved hero lightsaber combat in a variety of ways:
- Removed staggering when a player attacks an enemy hero who is blocking.
- A hero can no longer attack when they have no stamina.
- Removed the stamina costs associated with pressing and holding block.
- After being hit by a lightsaber, heroes and troopers will be unable to be staggered by a lightsaber attack for 0.8 seconds.
- Buff: Increased Yoda's lightsaber damage from 115 to 125 points. Attack from behind bonus damage was increased from 20 to 25 points.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda's blocking would lose its functionality after using the Presence ability right when a crowd control ability (such as Darth Vader's Force Choke) was used on him.
- Buff: Added the ability for Yoda to block lightsaber attacks with his own lightsaber.
- Buff: Yoda can now jump as high as other Force heroes.
- Nerf: Reduced the health gained by troopers from Presence from 200 to 100 health.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where the Arcade AI would miss Yoda by shooting above his head.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue that would prevent Dash Attack from inflicting damage to the Officer's turret.
- Known issue: Yoda's block stops working if the player holds the block button before and for the duration of Dash Attack. The issue is being investigated and will be resolved at a later update.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda's blocks would stop working if the block button was held before and for the duration of the Dash Attack.
- Buff: Increased Yoda's sprint speed to be consistent with other lightsaber heroes.
- Buff: Community Request: Yoda's Dash Attack now bypasses blocks.
- General: Adjusted the animation of Yoda's attacks for speed.
- New content: "Serenity" animated Victory Pose and "Trust You Not" Voice Over added, available by completing July 2019 limited-time challenges.
- Mechanics change: Yoda's health-on-kill Star Card "Release The Force" has been replaced with Size Matters Not.
- Mechanics change: Yoda now gains health from every kill automatically, no Star Card required.
- Mechanics change: When hero abilities are interrupted by another ability, the interrupted ability will become instantly available so it can be used again. Before this, the interrupted ability would enter its cooldown despite not triggering.
- Mechanics change: The health bonus from the Officer's Battle command, Yoda's Presence and Finn's Big Deal will no longer stack.
- If the player has health bonus active from the Officer and Finn or Yoda's is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be removed.
- If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and the Officer's health bonus is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be ignored.
- If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and Finn or Yoda's health bonus is applied, the new health bonus will be applied and the old one removed.
- If Yoda has his Presence health bonus active and Finn applies his Big Deal health bonus to Yoda, Finn's health bonus will be ignored.
- If Finn has his Big Deal health bonus active and Yoda applies his Presence health bonus to Finn, Yoda's health bonus will be ignored.
- If Finn has Yoda's Presence health bonus active and activates Big Deal, Yoda's Presence health bonus will be removed and Big Deal will be applied.
- If Yoda has Finn's Big Deal health bonus active and activates Presence, Finn's Big Deal health bonus will be removed and Presence will be applied. This was a huge balance feedback and frustration especially in big game modes. it should lower the impact of bonus health when both heroes are present.
- Nerf: Reduced health bonuses granted by Presence.
- Base health bonus on troopers reduced from 100 to 70 points
- Base health bonus on Heroes and Yoda reduced from 200 to 150 points
- Reduced the delay until health starts depleting from 10 to 8 seconds.
- Nerf: Dash Attack damage has been reduced from 130 to 85 points.
- Bug fix: Fixed a visual issue where Yoda blocking incoming blaster fire would inaccurately produce deflect sparks visible for the other player.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Yoda's camera would be lowered when pressing the crouch button.
- Mechanics change: Hero abilities will not get canceled when heroes are hit with melee attacks. Additionally, a melee attack right after a lightsaber attack should not stagger the hero.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue that prevented Presence from working correctly if it was activated while Yoda was affected by an enemy's immobilizing ability.
- Quality of life: Unleash now shows the amount of affected enemies.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue that could cause some of the abilities of Yoda to affect enemies through objects.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where Presence would not display the correct amount of allies affected.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where the intended effects of Presence would not apply if the ability was used in mid-air.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where users could receive a jumping advantage while using abilities in mid-air.
- General: Intro animations for Yoda in the spawn and Collection menu screen have been improved.
- Bug fix: Fixed visual issue with the footprints of Yoda.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue that would cause Yoda to be occasionally invincible against certain opponents.
- Yoda is voiced by Tom Kane, who also voiced him in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series as well as in the original Star Wars: Battlefront II.
- Yoda's Force block animation is akin to the scene in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones during his duel with Count Dooku. Yoda is able to actually shoot back Dooku's lightning at him if he manages to absorb it. Likewise, his intro at the beginning of the hero game modes shows him un-holstering his lightsaber with the Force, just as he does in his fight with Dooku.
- According to Guillaume Mroz, the game's lead hero designer, Yoda was the most difficult hero to create due to his small stature.
- Although technically affiliated with the Rebel Alliance in-game, Yoda was never actually a member of the Rebel Alliance in the Star Wars canon.
- In this game Yoda has perfect teeth, instead of how he's portrayed in the movies or animated series, where his teeth are more spread apart with gaps in between.
|DICE's Star Wars Battlefront IIHeroes in|
|The Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|