- "Yoda is an expert at turning defense into attack, using the Force to absorb blaster fire, heal his wounds, and protect him from harm while using his lightsaber to inflict damage."
- — Star Wars Battlefront II website
Yoda is a formidable presence on the battlefield. He is deceptively agile, despite his aged appearance and small stature. His abilities, combined with his natural Jedi jump and dodge, and make him virtually untouchable in the hands of a skilled player. His small nature also makes him an easy hero to use as an ambush. His lightsaber can be turned off as of the Hero Starfighters Update, and his stature allows him to hide in tall grass, bushes, or behind objects that other heroes could not. Yoda is somewhat hard to control for less experienced players. His lightsaber attacks are quite extravagant, and may miss their target if not aimed properly. However, his speed and agility rivals that of Darth Maul, allowing him to hold his own in battle.
Yoda is best used as a support hero, thanks to his Unleash and Presence abilities. On the surface, the former ability acts as a weaker version of Luke Skywalker's Push or Obi-Wan Kenobi's All-Out Push but in reality its capabilities extend much further beyond this. Instead of deflecting blaster fire with his block, Yoda absorbs it and a small blue outline will start circling the Unleash icon. This power allows him to charge up the ability, increasing its damage and range. Meanwhile, Presence boosts his and allies' health pools for a short period of time, acting as a lifesaving tool in near-death situations. To top his ability arsenal off, Dash Attack causes Yoda to leap forward with his lightsaber, similar to Luke's Rush ability and Darth Maul's Spin Attack. Dash Attack has two charges and that number can even be upgraded to 3 with the Agility Star Card. That said, it is not powerful enough on its own to kill enemy troopers, unless they have already taken damage.
Health and MovementEdit
|Health Statistics for Yoda|
|Health Regen Rate||50 health/sec|
|Max Health Regen||250|
|Regen Delay||5 sec|
|Movement Statistics for Yoda|
|Sprint Speed||7 meters/second|
|Maximum Jump Height||10 meters|
|Number of Dodges||2|
|Dodge Length||5.5 meters|
|In-game Description||Shoto-style lightsaber using a kyber crystal from the icy caverns of Ilum.|
|Melee Attacks||12 (15 with Lightsaber Mastery) swings possible|
|Blaster Deflections||46 deflections possible|
|Melee Deflections||10 melee deflections possible|
|Stamina Regen Delay||1 seconds|
|Stamina Regen Speed (from empty)||2.10 seconds|
|Enduring Presence||Unleashed||Agility||Opposing The Dark Side||Earned It I Have|
|Jedi Mentor||Feel The Force||Size Matters Not||Lightsaber Mastery|
| Grand Master|
|Powerful You Have Become||Size Matters Not||Feel the Force||Jedi Master|| Serenity|
- "Yoda can absorb blaster fire to charge Unleash, making it more effective."
- — First hint
- "Yoda’s Presence ability increases the health of nearby allies as well as himself."
- — Second hint
- "When playing as Yoda, try to use his small size to your advantage to ambush enemies."
- — Third hint
Emotes and QuotesEdit
- "That is why you fail."
- — First emote
- "Do or do not. There is no try."
- — Second emote
- "My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
- — Third emote
- "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm?"
- — Fourth emote
- "Trust you not, your master does."
- — Voice Over
- "My ally is the Force."
- — Upon spawning
- "Old I am, but not slow."
- — During combat
- "Life is the Jedi way."
- — Upon using Presence
- "Too swift for you, hmm?"
- — Upon using Dash Attack
- "Attack me, do you?"
- — Upon using Unleash
- Yoda is voiced by Tom Kane, who also voiced him in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series as well as in the original Star Wars: Battlefront II.
- Yoda’s Force block animation is akin to the scene in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones during his duel with Count Dooku. Yoda is able to actually shoot back Dooku's lightning at him if he manages to absorb it. Likewise, his intro at the beginning of the hero game modes shows him un-holstering his lightsaber with the Force, just as he does in his fight with Dooku.
- According to Guillaume Mroz, Yoda was the most difficult hero to create due to his small stature.
- Health on Kill Star Card "Release The Force" has been replaced with "Size Matters Not".
- Old Star Card Name: Release The Force
- Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.
- Stats: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 Health regained upon defeating enemy hero
- New Star Card Name: Size Matters Not
- Description: When the bonus health of PRESENCE is depleted, it heals for some of the damage it prevented. The cooldown of PRESENCE is increased by 13 seconds.
- Stats: 35% / 40% / 45% / 50% Health percentage regained
- Old Star Card Name: Release The Force
- Adjusted the animation of Yoda's attacks for speed.
- Added ability to block lightsaber attacks with his own lightsaber.
|The Galactic Republic in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II|